Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hooker catback-- Flow well??

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2002 | 12:03 AM
TECH Resident

Default Re: Hooker catback-- Flow well??

Rapid Motorsports did my complete install and my dyno was at a local dyno shop near Rapid not owned by Rapid. Mikey says the dyno he uses seems to dyno a bit low compared to the other dynos. Also I am running a 12 bolt, 4.10s, and I am also at full street weight and I am running chrome AFS ZR1 rims 17x9.5(275s) and 17x11(315s). With a ten bolt and 3.42s and stock wheels my car would dyno much higher I am sure. Maybe Mikey will chime in here. Either way, I look at the dyno as a tool. I don't get worked up over this crap! The track(mph) will tell the truth! I haven't gotten a clean run in yet, but I did manage to get a 1.6 60ft, then blow off the ET streets and almost smack the wall. I launched at 5000rpm, with a 1.6 60ft as soon as I felt it was good to stomp it I did, and I broke the tires completely loose and spun at a 2 o'clock angle to the wall, but kept in it, spinning through 2nd, straighten out in third and hit 4th.. Ran 12.5@114mph w/1.61 60ft. In my opinion my car runs like a raped ape for what it is. Just not a dyno queen. No dyno tricks for me, I would rather have a "low" number but a real number then a "fake" dyno queen number. BTW Ed Wright did the tuning, it may be off but I think its ok, 28' timing and 0 knock.