Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suncoast ram air set up to LID....

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 09:10 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Default Suncoast ram air set up to LID....

Hey everyone. In sort of a bind right now and need to decide if i want to switch from my suncoast airbox set up to a regular lid. The lid would probably look better for shows hiding the ugly filter that the suncoast shows but how would perfoamcne change..... any? nothing noticeable? Worthy swap? Input please.... thanks!

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 04-25-2006, 09:11 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

also will lid itself and lower airbox assembly be the only parts i'd need? Any modification need to be done to the hood or anything? Thanks.... suncoast ram air ws6 hood as well

Old 04-26-2006, 01:06 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i ran my stock airbox when i first installed my suncoast raptor hood because one of the pieces on the new airbox was broken and they had to ship a new one to me. it will work fine and mine fit with no problems, but there is a noticable performance difference. i didnt really notice it until i put the suncoast airbox on and drove around...but if you are more into it for show, then go for it. the suncoast hoods are designed to let the air flow down from the hood thru the air filter then into the intake. the stock ones are "rammed" into the front of the airbox and then up thru the filter...so it would take the air longer to get into the intake if you switched to a regular lid...
Old 04-26-2006, 06:32 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

oh, i was aware the suncoast had better results than a lid but was just unsure exactly how much. I understand i will feel the suncoast pull more at higher speeds. If it is really a noticeable difference, i'll stick with it i guess. Any more input?

Old 04-26-2006, 06:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dyno with both and see, not that it'll be the ame as driving but if you have the CAI as well with the lid it will be similar with both setups.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:36 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

another question.... will my airfilter work from the suncoast. i have a K&N but will it be the same size to fit the lid as well or will i need a new filter as well?