Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing stock exhaust manifolds, what to expect?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 03:42 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by radz
http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item...d=189&catid=45

I hope this helps, this is a Y-pipe designed for the pacesetter headers with cats installed. It is adjustable so the fit should be just about perfect. KEEP THE LONGTUBES! Good luck
Again, shitty ground clearance. He said he was lowered.
Old 05-23-2006, 07:26 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by radz
http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item...d=189&catid=45

I hope this helps, this is a Y-pipe designed for the pacesetter headers with cats installed. It is adjustable so the fit should be just about perfect. KEEP THE LONGTUBES! Good luck
Originally Posted by Scotty-Z
For what you're going to be giving up sound and power wise, I'd just drop the money on a catted Y. It's expensive, but would most definitely be worth it. It would sound great with Hooker and LTs.

What part of MO are you in?
Thanks for the suggestions guys, but again, I don't have the money to spend on those things...It's enough spending $150 to get an original Y and all the parts to put the stock manifolds back on. Plus, like Shawn's SS said, the ground clearance is ****--already.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Please save yourself the money and buy the stock stuff used. The dealer will charge out the **** for it.

You should be able to buy the complete setup (exhaust manifolds, catted Ypipe etc) for about 100.00 used.

01-02 used Cast iron manifolds

Personally I am a fan of the stock setup especially the 01-02 setup. Quiet, lots of clearance, no worries about rust etc.

There are other ways to make up the 15-20RWHP loss.