Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

;True Dual Question (Dynomax or Borla XS1)?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2003, 07:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ;True Dual Question (Dynomax or Borla XS1)?

Well a local shop has quoted me a great price on a true dual system but I am faced with some options.
Basically I am trying to get your opinions on this and see if anyone has these on there car. How do they sound?
It is an X-pipe but they are going 3' down the passenger side to help clearance issues.
Now what muffler or glasspack to use:
1) Dynomax bullet mufflers which are pretty much glass packs
or
2) Borla XS1 mufflers which are real mufflers and will have a slightly quieter idle but they are much more expensive
(difference in price on the system will be another 120 dollars)
Is it worth it...... Thanks
Old 01-16-2003, 09:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: ;True Dual Question (Dynomax or Borla XS1)?

If you could find a way to fit the XR-1's I'd use them. Good luck on the ground clearance though.

Dope
Old 01-16-2003, 09:22 PM
On The Tree

Why would ground clearance be an issue with the XR1's? I am using the XS1 because they are a bit cheaper than the XR1's which are a rip off in my opinion. Anyone else have any opinions??
Old 01-16-2003, 10:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Dope:
<strong> If you could find a way to fit the XR-1's I'd use them. Good luck on the ground clearance though.

Dope </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Dope, whats ur thoughts on ground clearence with the xr/1? Do you have any experience with them? Curious to see, might contest to this combo.
Old 01-19-2003, 09:58 PM
Launching!

I have the dynomax 3inch and I love how they sound.If you dont want your car loud then dont get them.
Old 01-20-2003, 12:06 AM
Staging Lane

Another consideration might be mac flowpaths they make a universal muffler that retails for 69.50 they advertise it is quieter than dynomax and flowmaster,but not by much. I compared the dimensions to the borla mufflers the mac flowpaths are smaller than the borla xs series.
The mac dimensions are: 9"wide x3&3/4"thick x13" long. If you would like to check them out the website is: www.macperformance.com
be sure to go to the ford then mustang section, I've never heard how they sound but I've talked to a couple mustang guys that love them.
I'm definately using mac flowpaths when I am ready to install true duals.

Quick Reply: ;True Dual Question (Dynomax or Borla XS1)?