Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what is gc oil? What does it stand for?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 07:24 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what is gc oil? What does it stand for?

Thanks
Old 05-30-2006, 07:27 PM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Apparently it's better than Mobil 1 and its made from Germany. They call it................................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ............................................<drum roll> German Caaaaaassssstttttttrrrrrrrooooooollllllll!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-30-2006, 07:30 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks man. Could of gone without all the dots though.
Old 05-30-2006, 08:43 PM
Launching!

Yeah Castrol Syntec 0W-30 that says "Made In Germany" on the back. Its found at Autozones.
Old 05-30-2006, 08:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's a little easier to spot these days. Now the GC actually says "European Formula" on the front of the bottle. I'd still check it though, because I read somewhere that some of the Euro formula circulating now says made in the USA. I don't think that stuff has been proven to be the same yet.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:53 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TransAm_00
Thanks man. Could of gone without all the dots though.
i actually prefer the dots
Old 05-30-2006, 10:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got some experience with the European oils, and the Mobil 1 0W-40 is an excellent oil. Quaker State 5W-40 is complete garbage, and I wouldn't put it in my lawnmower for free.

Castrol has a very good reputation, and is popular in Europe, so maybe it's alright. The main feature to many European oils are the durability requirements from the German manufacturers (Mercedes and Porsche). These requirements focus on valvetrain durability, and have been tough to meet. The Mobil 1 0W-40 was actually one of the first oils to meet these requirements. By the way, it is made in the USA.

Quick Reply: what is gc oil? What does it stand for?