Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette AC pulley and tensioner?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 12:54 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette AC pulley and tensioner?

Does the corvette AC compressor use just a belt tensioner or a tensioner and a pullet above it? Are they, LS1/2/6/7, the same?
Old 06-02-2006, 12:57 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The 'vette compressor and the f-body compressor are NOT the same, I can tell you this for a fact. They look identical untill you get them next to each other. The suction/discharge are in slightly different spots and the brackets are *slighty* different as well. I'm not sure about the pulley setup.
Old 06-02-2006, 04:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know the Vette compressor has the suction and discharge on the side and the F-body is on the back but I want to know if the Vette compressor, mounted on the lower right side of the engine, uses a pulley on the top of the compressor mounting bracket (there is a boss and machining for one) and the tensioner pulley at the bottom of the mounting bracket or if it uses only the tensioner pulley. It will work either way. I'd just like some of you to look at your Vettes and tell me what you see.
Old 06-02-2006, 05:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

There are two pulleys between the compressor and the crank, one is on a tensioner and the other is an idler. I may have a photo, if I can find it I will post.

Found something, hope you can see it.

Last edited by vettenuts; 06-02-2006 at 05:20 PM.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:15 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

F-Body compressor is black, the other is the 'vette compressor. The mounting brackets are *slightly* different, but enough to not let them work.