True Duals, questions answered here. Post YOUR information and pics too! - Page 68 - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Go Back  LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion > LS1-LS2-LS3-LS6-LS7 PERFORMANCE > Generation III External Engine
Reload this Page >

True Duals, questions answered here. Post YOUR information and pics too!

Notices
Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 04-25-2016, 05:07 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Air Intake and Exhaust Guides
Print Wikipost

True Duals, questions answered here. Post YOUR information and pics too!

Old 05-30-2018, 05:40 PM
Staging Lane

Default Muffler flow check

Hey all. Ws6 w 600 lift cam and lots of overlap. Have 1 7/8 lt w an un catted ypipe 3" all the way back to a flowmaster SUV muffler (creative piping). Volune is acceptable (louder than stock but neighbors dont mind). Rasp is not acceptable.

ordered SE true duals over axle...expected saturday. Been reading about everyone's set up. Borla xr1, magnaflow rounds (can't tell if race or perf muff is quieter), pipes m80, auger looking thing, cones, etc). I'm worried anything straight through would still be loud since the flowmaster fbody muff orig on car was WAY too loud for me. I also plan on 550rwhp motor upgrade soon..maybe w a tamer cam...maybe.

the one muffler I keep coming back to is the dynomax sup turbo round w 18" body (17698). "If" this works id need new, shorter tips. But this muffler has a 700scfm rating while all the straight throughs are about tripple that. Will a pair of these mufflers rob me of a significant amount power? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks for supporting sponsors who provide great products.

I posted a similar question on the SE TD thread and high flow cats were suggested. I bought one (flowmaster stubby looking thing $50) and put it on my current set up to test out and it sounds even better to me...still some rasp...BUT...HUGE power loss..i realize 2 high flows won't be as bad but I may have been scared away from having any cats at all.

any guidance or alleviation is appreciated.
Old 06-14-2018, 02:41 AM
Teching In

Question info need, please help.

I have noticed alot of AWESOME pictures of good looking rides. I have a LQ4 in a 1988 c1500. I will have to run my duels down the passenger side because of the gas tank. my question is, will the fact that the drivers side tubing will be longer over all effect any performance? will a "X" or "H" solve this? or am i just over thinking this?
Old 06-14-2018, 10:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Don't worry about it, but go ahead and run an H or X pipe as it will give you more power and will smooth the tone some.
Old 06-14-2018, 12:34 PM
Teching In

ok thank you very much
Old 06-14-2018, 01:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by TheNutDriver View Post
Ok, i have a question! I see a lot of reference to the "machine gun" sound around 3k rpm with the true duals and bullet muffler style exhausts. Is this the norm for these systems? I've just had a true dual with bullets and x pipe made here in the UK in the style of Kooks/Speed engineering duals and i have this "machine gun" type noise at around 3k.
Its more of an LS1 with unequal length exhaust characteristic. Corvettes with the same engine said different. People used to think duals didnt do this but once these systems started becoming available that exited out the rear and only had a bullet style muffler to tame it down then it became clear that even duals did this. I have know this for 12 years when I started building exhaust for these cars. I can build a y pipe setup dumped and a dual x pipe setup dumped, blindfold you, and you will not be able to tell me which one is single vs dual. Having it dumped uses the underside of the car and ground as an echo chamber that soaks up alot of the tone that most people hate that they hear when the exhaust exits out the back into open air. The downside of course is now its much louder inside the car.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Anyone running speed engineering true dual full system with pacesetter long tubes? PM me or reply if you are. Trying to check fitment.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: True Duals, questions answered here. Post YOUR information and pics too!

About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: