Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

everyone with Hooker Catback

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 10:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sunsetorang01TA
i ordered my hooker catback off Jegs and its on back order (7-14 days) so thats a pisser but yeah well things take time and plus i wanna get my back coil pack bolts loose so it will be an easier install.
Don't buy from Jegs, ever. Please.

I run Pacesetters, ORY, and a Hooker catback. It is quiet at idle and cruise, but sounds great at 6k!
Old 07-01-2006, 12:22 AM
On The Tree

how come not to buy from jegs????

cuz of the back order issues lol

if thats it then ya i agree with u lol.
Old 07-01-2006, 03:13 AM
12 Second Club

support our ls1tech sponsors , jegs not being one of them
Old 07-01-2006, 04:06 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got hooker caback with the kooks headers and catted y-pipe. I believe if you don't want any rasp you need to go with a catted y-pipe.. I should be getting my car soon and will find out how much louder it is with all the new goodies...
Old 07-01-2006, 07:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Jet Hots w QTP Cat Y thru Hooker out the CME. Sounds wonderful with the H/C behind it. Very civil yet still roars when needed. I also have the QTEC when I need to intimidate.
Old 07-01-2006, 09:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My buddy has one with LTs and ORY and I thought it sounded really weak, no offense to those of you that have em. But my car drowned him out really bad at idle and at WOT he got scared.

Good descrete system I suppose but sure doesnt sound like it has Long Tubes. At WOT its decent.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:42 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
buy cats for it. an LS1 - cats = rasp. be prepared for *pop* *pop* *pop*. people say hooker doesn't rasp but it does. they're comparing it to the loudmouth and such w/o cats. all ORY's on LS1's rasp. put cats on it and it'll sound great.
I have a hooker catback with an ORY and pacesetter headers, it NEVER pops and the raspyness is the least of any ORY setup I've ever heard. It has barely any rasp and sounds incredible. BTW, the hooker is way too quiet to even notice the difference with cats on the car.

Old 07-01-2006, 02:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Luna
I have a hooker catback with an ORY and pacesetter headers, it NEVER pops and the raspyness is the least of any ORY setup I've ever heard. It has barely any rasp and sounds incredible.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

buy cats for it. an LS1 - cats = rasp. be prepared for *pop* *pop* *pop*. people say hooker doesn't rasp but it does. they're comparing it to the loudmouth and such w/o cats. all ORY's on LS1's rasp. put cats on it and it'll sound great.
What kind of headers and ORY are you running or did you run? I assume that with different setups the amount of rasp will differ, so maybe you just needed to tweak your setup.

I know with my SLP LT's,ORY and cutout, the rasp is very minimal. Almost non noticable, in fact, I've got nothing but compliments on the sound of my exhaust.

GO DREXEL!!!
Old 07-02-2006, 07:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dude, Your a Taco.. You don't have ears!

GO DREXEL!!!
Old 07-02-2006, 08:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have all Hooker, from headers to catback with a 3 1/2" cutout. It has zero rasp at any rpm. I've had alot of different setups and this one is by far my favorite. Though I mostly keep the cutout open.

The Hooker also flows extremely well for being one of the cheapest systems on the market. Most people that have dyno'd with them only pick up a couple of ponies with the cutout open, including myself.