Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP Rumbler catback vs. Loudmouth 2

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006 | 11:22 AM
Teching In

Default TSP Rumbler catback vs. Loudmouth 2

Hi everyone, I got a '99 Z-28 with a few bolt ons, long tubes, TSP catted Y-pipe and currently a Flowmaster catback (it was on when I bought the car). It doesn't sound bad, but I would like it to be a little louder, and after reading about Flowmaster's, I think I should get rid of that system anyway. I was thinking of going with either TSP's Rumbler cat back or a Loudmouth 2 (I think a regular Loudmouth would probably be too loud). What's your guy's opinions? I've been to LS1 sounds, but there isn't much with either setup. What is the difference between the two besides the material they're made from? I want the least amount of rasp, and a deeper tone. Budget is also a concern. Thank's for the opinons.
Old 07-06-2006 | 11:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i like my rumbler because it wasn't very expensive and it performs VERY well. i personally had some fitment issues with mine, i took it to an exhaust shop and they bent the pipes a bit more to make them fit correctly (and welded them) and now everything is great.
i love the sound of it!
Old 07-06-2006 | 11:37 AM
On The Tree

i was thinking of going with TSP rumbler but then my buddy had me listen to hooker and its awesome. i ordered it and still waiting for it to come from jegs. should be here this week. great sound from what i've listened to on LS1sounds. since you have a catted y you should have very little rasp if any. I dunno if you would want hooker because they consider it one of the more quiter exhausts on the market especially with a catted y.. TSP rumbler does sound nice tho. check it out on LS1sounds and see what you think with your set up. you might like magnaflow. my buddy just installed his and it sounds awesome

good look
Old 07-06-2006 | 01:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

i had the same setup you have with the rumbler...it got too loud for me after driving for a while, was too droney and still had rasp. the neighbors also hated it, even at idle

...then again i do get alot of extra road noise having removed the rear seats and the extra drone may be because the exhaust tips were not run out past the bumper. adding the cam really added to the noise and drove the sound level past my liking

i was considering the hooker but decided to go to the extreme quiet with the slp dual/dual and will be slapping a cutout on there when i'm looking for loud moments
Old 07-07-2006 | 09:20 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the imput. Does anyone know which is louder out of the TSP Rumbler and Loudmouth 2 with a catted y-pipe and long tubes?
Old 07-07-2006 | 11:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

they're basically the same as far as sound & volume - the mufflers used are pretty much the same size and based on the same concept
Old 07-07-2006 | 01:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Id say rumbler, because I was in a car that had that setup w/ long tubes and !cats and it absolutely screamed. It was what made me decide to get rid of my cat back setup and go true duals. I dont believe I have heard a LM2, but the LM1 without cats is absolute audio ***. Cutting the stock muffler off would sound better.

Last edited by Hambone 7; 07-07-2006 at 01:31 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 07-07-2006 | 04:24 PM
12 Second Club

go rumbler man! i used to have it and it ownz, Great catback.