Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any One From New Jersey That Would Be Willing To Help Get A Broken Header Bolt Out

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 10:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any One From New Jersey That Would Be Willing To Help Get A Broken Header Bolt Out

Is there anyone from jersey that would help me get this bolt out that has done it before this install went soo smooth until we used the torque wrench with the stock bolts. Torque wrench did not click therefore i just kept going until i heard the click of the now broken bolt...... PLEASE HELP the abs module is out the coil packs are off and the header is also off. I would really appreciate if anyone would just give me an extra hand.. Thanks all

I live near Fort Dix Bordentown area

There is the problem it is flush with the head this really sucks

The clearance is no problem i have been drilling all day with a dremel and i am getting no ware i am using a cobolt drill bit and i am only drilled in the bot about an 1/8 to a 1/4 inch which is not enough for the easy out........ i even drilled a hole in the fender well to see if we could get a straighter shot. If there is anyone out there who is willing to help me pull this head i really do not mind pulling it but i have noooo clue how to do this thats why i would need the help thanks for all the posts guys.......
Old 08-27-2006, 11:13 PM
TECH Resident

This is the fourth thread I've seen you start about your broken header bolt. I'm getting tired of them. Why not keep using the same thread?

Here's the one you started 2 hours ago that people were trying to help you on: https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/566349-any-one-new-jersey-would-willing-help-get-broken-header-bolt-out.html I posted in it three times trying to give advice.

P.S. I don't think you have to pull the head off to do it.

Last edited by HeapaShifter; 08-27-2006 at 11:19 PM.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:31 PM
Banned

What with all of these duplicate threads?

You have an identical thread that people were helping you on (me included) located just 4 spots below this one.