Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my new Pacesetters!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 10:20 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Got my new Pacesetters! (UPDATED w/ Y-PIPE!!!)

Thanks to the WS6Store! Just got my Pacesetter Off Road LT's. I got them JetHot coated cuz I wanted them coated inside and out. Call me crazy, but if I'm going to go through all the work and expense....might as well pay a few extra dollars and do it right.

Now I'm just waiting on my Pacesetter Y-pipe. I plan on doing true duals, but I already have a Corsa exhaust and didn't feel like giving that up and spending more for now.

Now I just need to figure out what I need to do to get rid of the rest of my emissions properly and I'll be all set. I'll be sending the cpu to TSP to program out the 02 sensors. Gotta figure out how to properly get rid of the air.

Last edited by mrws6speed; 09-14-2006 at 09:43 AM.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:03 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice man! Let us see some more pictures installed!
Old 09-13-2006, 12:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

tell them to delete the AIR codes while your at it.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:41 AM
TECH Veteran

very nice, post pics, and run ur car on a dyno when ur done...
Old 09-13-2006, 11:28 AM
TECH Regular

I went with the Pacesetters because #1 they're cheaper #2 Ceramic coating helps insulate heat (which I don't think polished QTP's would do...so doesn't that make these better?) #3 a local friend put his on himself and said they fit perfectly and the install was relatively easy

Anyway....here are a couple of more pics. I plan on putting up finished product and install as well. I went with JetHot because they're coated on the inside (so rust isn't very likely).

Old 09-13-2006, 01:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

looks nice but dont drive your car in the rain with them on bc ive heard of a couple people who said theres are just rusting away just an FYI
Old 09-13-2006, 01:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bjamick
looks nice but dont drive your car in the rain with them on bc ive heard of a couple people who said theres are just rusting away just an FYI
give the guy a break- THEY LOOK GREAT--do not worry about rusting when they are coated properly....it is the uncoated ones that will rust--but even then it is only surface rust...think of it this way--is the rest of your exhaust falling apart/away..?? NO ...not for a LONG TIME...they look great--good move coating them...
Old 09-13-2006, 01:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bjamick
give the guy a break- THEY LOOK GREAT--do not worry about rusting when they are coated properly....it is the uncoated ones that will rust--but even then it is only surface rust...think of it this way--is the rest of your exhaust falling apart/away..?? NO ...not for a LONG TIME...they look great--good move coating them...
Old 09-13-2006, 02:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I like!
Old 09-13-2006, 03:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have drove mine in the rain several times & they still look new. DO NOT use the paper gaskets. Reuse your stockers. Also make sure to get the O2 extensions, makes it plug n play.

Install should be fairly simple. Word of advise, remove your passanger side coil packs to get to the back bolts. Makes it much easier. Also put your plugs back in AFTER the LT's are installed. It is simple with the big stock manifolds out of the way. Plus you don't wanna accidently break off a plug.

They will smoke for a little bit after its started, its just oils burning off, so don't freak out. It will go away.

As for the air & egr stuff, just pull it all out & plug up the intake with a 1 3/8" freeze/expansion plug & call it a day. I still don't have my codes deleted & drive 50 miles each day at least. Its good to get done but not needed to be driveable.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:20 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks for the compliments. I live in a desert climate, so rain isn't a huge deal...and I don't have to deal with salt in the winter. It's not a daily driver car either, but I do drive it though.

Although.....we have had over tripple our annual rainfall this year. Properly coated inside and out....I don't see how it would rust unless you started really chipping away at that coating.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:27 PM
Launching!

Hey Mike,

Looks good! I'm getting close to getting headers myself for my car and Pacesetters are one of my choices. We need to have another GTG here in ABQ soon, I would like to check out some more set ups from other guys around here.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:32 PM
Import Patrol

Looking good!
Old 09-14-2006, 09:39 AM
TECH Regular

Well....got my Pacesetter off-road Y-pipe in yesterday. I must say I'm dissapointed with it.

It looks like they flattened it somewhat like the factory one for clearance.
Looking inside it also shows that they left half the opening between the y-pipes closed off.

I'm EXTREMELY DISSAPOINTED!!!!

I'll say it again....I'm EXTREMELY DISSAPOINTED!!!!!
Old 09-14-2006, 09:42 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Tall Guy
Hey Mike,

Looks good! I'm getting close to getting headers myself for my car and Pacesetters are one of my choices. We need to have another GTG here in ABQ soon, I would like to check out some more set ups from other guys around here.
Yeah.....we definitely need to have another GTG! I'll try to schedule one here in the next month or so.

What sold me on the Pacesetters was that Greg had them on his MRM T/A w/ the true duals....remember? He said they were easy to put in, everything fit, and him and his dad did it in about 5 hours.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would deffinately grind the plate thats blocking the hole off. That seems like a flow restrictor from hell. Good luck with that and the install. Mine went in really easily.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Dude that doesnt look right.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:36 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mrws6speed
Yeah.....we definitely need to have another GTG! I'll try to schedule one here in the next month or so.

What sold me on the Pacesetters was that Greg had them on his MRM T/A w/ the true duals....remember? He said they were easy to put in, everything fit, and him and his dad did it in about 5 hours.
Ah yes, I couldn't remember what he had, I thought they were the Hooker headers for some reason. Bummer to hear about the ORY, i was looking at getting the TSP catted Y if I go with the Pacestters. You and I should meet up somewhere, I'd like to check out your new set up before you put them in.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:42 AM
TECH Veteran

Jeez..that y-pipe is a POS. That one side is almost blocked off completely.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:47 AM
Launching!

That's how the pacesetter y pipe comes cause a friend of mine y is the same way.