Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Potential: QTP LT Problem w/in

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 07:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Potential: QTP LT Problem w/in

My QTP LT's just arrived tonight and I noticed something that made my jaw drop. I ordered them from Thunder last Friday (Race headers no Emissions).

Well, I pulled the drivers side out and it looked beautiful

I pull the pass side out and I'm admiring it as well when I notice a hole drilled clean through the frontmost primary (#2 cyl) as if it is for an emission setup but its under the bottom of the tube

First, if these are for non-emission, why would the hole be there?

So now we all know what I face when I call tomorrow, the hassle of getting it squared away and then the wait of getting the correct set and having to ship the others.

Not to mention, I planned this perfectly because when I found out they were arriving today, I pulled my other headers off last night so I could install these tonight and have the Y-pipe welded up first thing in the morning and be driving it to work by 10am.

I guess I'll be making some phone calls in the morning, hopefully all goes smoothly.

I just cannot buy a break.
Old 09-14-2006, 07:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

that sucks yeah race style headers should just have the two holes at the end of the headers for the 02's
Old 09-14-2006, 07:10 PM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow. That sux man.
Old 09-14-2006, 07:34 PM
11 Second Club

That sux. Thunder will stand behind their products tho. Kinda weird it got shipped like that.
Old 09-14-2006, 07:45 PM
Staging Lane

Sounds like it's the place where the EGR pipe would have been welded into the headers if it had one. Maybe that header was one that had been intended for EGR but got shipped by mistake, some idiot didn't notice the hole had been drilled where the pipe is supposed to weld on????
Well whatever the case that certainly does suck, those are expensive headers too...
Sounds like my damn luck!!
Old 09-15-2006, 07:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by dummer
Sounds like it's the place where the EGR pipe would have been welded into the headers if it had one. Maybe that header was one that had been intended for EGR but got shipped by mistake, some idiot didn't notice the hole had been drilled where the pipe is supposed to weld on????
Well whatever the case that certainly does suck, those are expensive headers too...
Sounds like my damn luck!!

I'm waiting for QTP to open so I can give them a call since they were drop shipped straight from them. Good Customer Service would be to send me another set with call tags to pick the others up at the same time. Hopefully thats how it works out. I would like "Someone" to make my friday start off good
Old 09-15-2006, 08:22 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

New set is shipping out today. Sorry about the mix up. Sounds like that header was going to be an emission style and someone forgot to weld on the fittings.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Quick Time
New set is shipping out today. Sorry about the mix up. Sounds like that header was going to be an emission style and someone forgot to weld on the fittings.

Everyone, I have to tell you, this did set me back about a week but the customer service I received from the staff at Quick Time Performance was "STAND UP"!!! A new pass. side header is shipping out today and should be here by Monday. I'm without a vehicle for a few days, but thats better than I thought this outcome was going to be because ALOT of vendors these days just dont care once they have your money in their hands. QTP is obviously stepping to the plate on this one.

Jeff
Old 09-15-2006, 11:21 AM
Trunion King

Originally Posted by Quick Time
That's a top notch quality service. It's rare I see this response.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:44 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by FRDnemesis
Not to mention, I planned this perfectly because when I found out they were arriving today, I pulled my other headers off last night so I could install these tonight and have the Y-pipe welded up first thing in the morning and be driving it to work by 10am. I just cannot buy a break.
just a bump for having stuff ready and then parts not be right or not even be there.
I had an incident where my injectors got shipped to some Stephen in Kansas when they were supposed to come to me.... a week and a half later i finally get a box on my doorstep half torn apart and clear injectors!!!(haha, no injectors in box) and the packing slip was about to come out also. I had plans for my car also to do it that day when the injectors got there, but nope... had to put injectors back in car and make phone calls.

so until i see a box and open it and inspect it I'm not doing anything anymore.