Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Best muffler for True duals
Moroso Spiral Flows
14.63%
Flo-pro twisted mufflers
4.88%
Flowmaster 1-chambers
25.61%
Dynomax Bullets
34.15%
Other
20.73%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Best muffler for TD's?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 01:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

here is what my car sounds like.. and this weekend i am going to get some fly-bys

QTP LTs+MagnaFlow O/R X Pipe+MagnaPcak Mufflers (SEE SIG)

Old 09-21-2006, 01:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

i posted, but since this server sucks i dont think it saved my post so there it is again

Here is what i am runing now:

QTP LTs+MagnaFlow O/R X+MagnaPack Mufflers (SEE SIG)

Old 09-21-2006, 02:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if your concerned with rasp it doesn't matter because true duals have little to no rasp in the first place... so your decideing factor is what kind of tone and sound do you want
Old 09-21-2006, 02:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RrCoX22
if your concerned with rasp it doesn't matter because true duals have little to no rasp in the first place...
I dunno about that, i've heard the TD's with bullets sound pretty raspy. What i'm looking for is a good deep muscle sound that doesn't get too raspy at WOT. I wanna really be able to hear my cam lope at idle so i dont want it to quiet my exhaust down too much, maybe just quiet it down at WOT but keep the idle loud. I guess that's the best way i can explain what i'm looking for.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TORCHD 02 TA
do you have a sound clip of your set up
I've been meaning to get a clip posted. I'll see what I can do tonight, I'll try to get some clips.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What I've learned over time is that rasp is inherantly subjective... it sounds different to everyone (to some, bullets are all rasp, to others, no TDs rasp...), so it's tough to get coinciding answers from different people

-J
Old 09-21-2006, 03:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lastcall190
What I've learned over time is that rasp is inherantly subjective... it sounds different to everyone (to some, bullets are all rasp, to others, no TDs rasp...), so it's tough to get coinciding answers from different people

-J
That's probably true. With noises, it's so hard to describe them, what i refer to as rasp, might not seem annoying to others like it is to me.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:32 PM
10 Second Club

you will be happy with the magnaflow.. i hate rasp and i think they sound nice
Old 09-21-2006, 07:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

click the link in my sig to hear the bullets. before the cam i really liked it, now with the cam my car is ungodly loud and it shakes my whole car. now im looking for mufflers that have a nice deep tone and scream at wot, thinking about sweet thunders or one chambers.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:06 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I like my flow pro twistas!
Old 09-21-2006, 08:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Cop Car
you will be happy with the magnaflow.. i hate rasp and i think they sound nice

look at the very top.. my 2 links have sound clips of my magnaflows.. way tooo quiet. JMO though

Originally Posted by white_camaro
click the link in my sig to hear the bullets. before the cam i really liked it, now with the cam my car is ungodly loud and it shakes my whole car. now im looking for mufflers that have a nice deep tone and scream at wot, thinking about sweet thunders or one chambers.

the vid of you at the track, what is your set up again???? LTs, H or x and what muffs
Old 09-21-2006, 08:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BlackBADaSS02
I've been meaning to get a clip posted. I'll see what I can do tonight, I'll try to get some clips.

yes please get a vid.. btw what set up do you have????? i am just not happy with my magnaflows at all
Old 09-21-2006, 08:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TORCHD 02 TA
yes please get a vid.. btw what set up do you have????? i am just not happy with my magnaflows at all
I get a vid posted tomorrow. My set up is Jethot LT's, !Cats!, TSP TD's with dynomax bullets dumped, and stock internals for now.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

I get a vid posted tomorrow. My set up is Jethot LT's, !Cats!, TSP TD's with dynomax bullets dumped, and stock internals for now.

ok.. jsut wondering you have cats.. YES or NO.. lol.. also i wonder how different it will sound.. i have my TDs ran out the back.. hmm.. but get that vid
Old 09-22-2006, 12:15 AM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

my set-up is pacesetter longtubes, tsp 3" x-pipe, no cats and dynomax bullets. I really liked it before my cam but now its just too much.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:54 AM
Launching!

Bullets are absolutely awesome! I'll be completely honest: I've never showed my exhaust to an LS1 owner in person and not had them say "that's the best sounding LS1 I've ever heard" and thats coming from owners with all types of setups (STs, LM, etc.).

Hint: DO NOT GO BY SOUND CLIPS... they sound NOTHING like they do in person..... N O T H I N G... I cannot stress this enough... .PLLLEEEASSSE Do Not GO By them!!!! Including the sound clip in my sig... its NOTHING like that in person.. at all!!
Old 09-22-2006, 11:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Formula_X
Bullets are absolutely awesome! I'll be completely honest: I've never showed my exhaust to an LS1 owner in person and not had them say "that's the best sounding LS1 I've ever heard" and thats coming from owners with all types of setups (STs, LM, etc.).
The problem is you dont have a cam, once you throw a cam in there it's gonna sound alot different, and i know guys with a cam and bullets and they dont like it cause it's horribly loud.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:18 PM
Launching!

Personally NOTHING sounds better than the Flowmaster 1 Chambers. NOTHING. I have them on my stock internal setup with PaceSetters and 3" TD's with Dr. Gas X and they are freaking insane sounding.

They have a great tone at any load on the engine, good sound at idle, and at WOT they are hellacious. Rasp, yeah I get some. part of the one chamber effect, but I have had numerous people with other TD mufflers who have commented that mine sound better.

I also have a buddy who is on here, Tim99WS6 who has a set on his h/c setup 347 and he loves them.

wish I had clips, but don't...

Oh well. Can't believe I'm the first to actually post about them. Plus they look sick out the back of the Camaro's!!

Old 09-22-2006, 12:30 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I have the Dynomax Bullets and couldn't be happier. No rasp and its loud as hell. Sounds wicked at WOT.
same here..im wondering how it will sound once i get a cam though
Old 09-22-2006, 01:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Fenster
Personally NOTHING sounds better than the Flowmaster 1 Chambers. NOTHING. I have them on my stock internal setup with PaceSetters and 3" TD's with Dr. Gas X and they are freaking insane sounding.

They have a great tone at any load on the engine, good sound at idle, and at WOT they are hellacious. Rasp, yeah I get some. part of the one chamber effect, but I have had numerous people with other TD mufflers who have commented that mine sound better.

I also have a buddy who is on here, Tim99WS6 who has a set on his h/c setup 347 and he loves them.

wish I had clips, but don't...

Oh well. Can't believe I'm the first to actually post about them. Plus they look sick out the back of the Camaro's!!

man I ordered spiral flows from TSP I m going to put them on, but If I dont like the sound Im going to try the 1 chamber flowmasters. There is a camaro up the road from me that has them on it and it is so deep, when i looked out the window when he went by I expected an older beefy car and it was a ******* 97maro.