Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for those who have installed the SSRA

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 12:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by senicalj4579
HOOOOOLLLLD ON A MIN. Take the shroud out. you do not need it. mine is out and it is better than before.
well there we go
Old 10-22-2006, 12:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well used to an extent as in it was taken out of the box. Yes, I have the directions so apparently I must just suck at cars. One problem is, the person who repacked it put the screws in a baggy that came open and they fell out of the box where it wasn't taped well. That's no big deal because I'll still get this thing on. I've already put everything back in place in the engine bay. No shrouds or anything. As for the lower scoop, not gonna deal with it. I also F'ed two of those push pins trying to get them back in ... wow those are a bitch. I'm having slight issues with "jamming" the lower scoop into the upper half because it just won't fit right so that it would have a smooth airflow. Later, when I'm ready to finish this and have the screws, I'll try taking another picture to see if it's supposed to look like what I get when I put the lower half on.

Well, thanks for the help Tainted!
Old 10-22-2006, 12:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

youre quite welcome, after youve got the bottom scoop in shoot me a pm or psot up about how you like it overall. thats gonna be my next mod, and not so many people have them so i'd love to hear about your experience with it.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:46 AM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by SmokeySS
Well used to an extent as in it was taken out of the box. Yes, I have the directions so apparently I must just suck at cars. One problem is, the person who repacked it put the screws in a baggy that came open and they fell out of the box where it wasn't taped well. That's no big deal because I'll still get this thing on. I've already put everything back in place in the engine bay. No shrouds or anything. As for the lower scoop, not gonna deal with it. I also F'ed two of those push pins trying to get them back in ... wow those are a bitch. I'm having slight issues with "jamming" the lower scoop into the upper half because it just won't fit right so that it would have a smooth airflow. Later, when I'm ready to finish this and have the screws, I'll try taking another picture to see if it's supposed to look like what I get when I put the lower half on.

Well, thanks for the help Tainted!

so how you makin out with this thing? what did you mean when you said " I'm having slight issues with "jamming" the lower scoop into the upper half because it just won't fit right so that it would have a smooth airflow. " ? do you mean that when you try to slip the bottom duct into the top duct it creates an angle at the connection when you push it tight to the bumper?
Old 10-26-2006, 12:58 PM
10 Second Club

glad to hear it smokey
Old 10-26-2006, 05:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by senicalj4579
do you mean that when you try to slip the bottom duct into the top duct it creates an angle at the connection when you push it tight to the bumper?
Yep that really, really annoyed me. But that's how it's installed now and screwed in. I don't feel a difference with it either
Old 10-26-2006, 10:48 PM
10 Second Club

Yep that really, really annoyed me. But that's how it's installed now and screwed in. I don't feel a difference with it either

its not a mod you should really feel. it would definatly show up on the track trust me. what did you expect to gain a 1/2 sec.?
Old 10-26-2006, 11:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have no idea I don't drag race.
Old 10-27-2006, 12:07 AM
TECH Veteran

haha, you guys thought you leave the shroud in? what the hell, how would that work? My SSRA(which is the latest design, and was made about 2 months ago, fit perfecty
Old 10-27-2006, 12:40 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

should try something like my intake...but i always do everything to the max...haha
Old 10-27-2006, 10:28 AM
TECH Resident

All shrouds come out. One out the top that I see is still in your picture, and the other out the bottom.
Old 10-27-2006, 01:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've already put everything back in place in the engine bay. No shrouds or anything.

Thanks, but I've finished the install now.

Quick Reply: Question for those who have installed the SSRA