Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*Probably the best headers money could buy for an LS1 F-Body!*

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 05:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigArchidia
Well Am. Racing just made 11 more rwhp and 8 ft.lbs on an heads/cam ls1 F-body in CA. over Kook's. Dyno sheet coming. Sounds like the guy tuning that 408 was an idiot.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamometer-results-comparisons/596937-kooks-1-7-8-american-racing-1-7-8-a.html Read this. Charlie at A+A retuned this car not some dumb ***. I called him and he confirmed.
There is no a/f given on the kooks header dyno so it is a b/s difference it could have been way out of tune give me 2 graphs with both a/f and ill belive it.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:43 PM
11 Second Club

Everyont talking about the QTP headers need to look at the crap y pipe that comes with them. The headers are nice but I know five people who threw away the y pipe and had a custom y made instead. Just something to think about.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2002_z28_m6
Everyont talking about the QTP headers need to look at the crap y pipe that comes with them. The headers are nice but I know five people who threw away the y pipe and had a custom y made instead. Just something to think about.
What makes them crappy?? can you explain why 5 people said they are crappy. You have 4 posts so far so I think you need to back up your claim. I personally have installed 4 sets of qtp headers and Ys and had great fitment and made great power.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:10 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002_z28_m6
so get a custom y-pipe or get true duals made. ALL the aftermarket y-pipes are garbage. pacesetter, hooker, the TSP one...even look at the very expensive kooks y-pipe. the one side just dumps into the the other. there's no merge at all. every brand is like this except two: QTP and ARH. those are the only two that have a good merge, and the QTP one hangs low and the ARH hasn't been proven, yet.

if you want a GOOD y-pipe, go out and buy yourself a flowmaster merge and get a custom one rigged up. not only will it fit and flow better than any aftermarket prefabricated y-pipe, it'll probably wind up being cheaper, too.

or if you're really into performance, get true duals rigged up. that's what i'm going to do.

i love you guys that scream you want performance, then you'll go out and buy a crushed up, junk y-pipe that bangs the floorboards and has no merge at all. half assed = half fast. remember that. don't bitch about quality if you're not willing to put forth the time, money and energy to do so.

yes, the ARH headers look nice, but the QTP ones, IMO, are a much better deal. they have been PROVEN over and over again. i personally believe they will net better gains than any header on the market. not to mention they look a whole lot better than the ARH headers. the welds are better and they're polished up. factor in that they're a bit cheaper than the ARH headers and you have a real winner. ARH has a long way to go to catch up to QTP. they're too new at this game for anyone to be saying they're the best.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:32 PM
11 Second Club

Nobody in this thread should be making any judgments about whether or not the ARH's are the best or not. Unless you've installed a set of QTPs and then a set of ARH's on the same car, then we don't really know which is better do we? I would like to see some ground clearance pics of the AR y-pipe personally.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:09 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by NightWindDriftr
These are certainly one of the most expensive headers money can buy.
Hooker 1 7/8 longtubes are the best bang or buck... almost the same except for crappier welds and the race style merge..... they have that funny cone thingy in the inside just like those.

Old 06-19-2007, 12:55 AM
On The Tree

I would be willing to pay for these if they do better than the other ones out there even if there not the "best bang for the buck"
Old 06-27-2007, 04:57 PM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Forteen3GT
Hooker 1 7/8 longtubes are the best bang or buck... almost the same except for crappier welds and the race style merge..... they have that funny cone thingy in the inside just like those.

That is not a merge collector just because it has a velocity spike. Look at Edelbrocks and QTP's if you want a merge collector.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:55 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ssam98
someone told me that the qtp are made in china now.
NO NO NO, the QTP's are made in America.

Their quality control - now thats whats made in China...

Quick Reply: *Probably the best headers money could buy for an LS1 F-Body!*