Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone running a Meziere "Race" pump on the street?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 10:19 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well, my engine so far, albeit fall now, has not run more than 150* at any time other than when i did multiple back to back burnouts when it only went to 175-180* tops! so i think a 35gpm pump will do just fine and yes, it's going to be more of a drag car that still sees about 100 miles/week on the street. it's a fair weather car so i'm not really expecting to need the heater hoses, but i will be keeping the stock pump and belt to swap on if i need to during oct. & nov.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:17 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jam01
there both electric pumps, the street version has provisions for the heater and stock accessorys. so unless he's building a race car,
its not hard to fix either of those issues.
and if it is, then the chances are you're not builiding a car of nature to need something like that anyway.

what i would LIKE to do is mount a electric WP down low next to the radiator outlet.. then run a AN hose to a tubular "manifold" of some nature on the front of the motor... and have another one below it for the thermostat and return.

this would free up alot more space, and allow me to route the belt without having it come to the passenger side of the engine at all.

however, its just a dream for the moment, since i cant justify the price of the pump for the gain given... well over half the gain you see with a E-WP swap is already there with a underdrive pulley.

Quick Reply: anyone running a Meziere "Race" pump on the street?