Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thoughts on the Flowmaster D-port h-pipe...

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 09:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Thoughts on the Flowmaster D-port h-pipe...

I'm currently working on setting up my custom 3" dual setup with a h-pipe. I just want to know what people think about the D-port h-pipe by Flowmaster. People running it, please respond and tell me what you think. It's part #15933 if anyone wanted to know in order to look it up.

I'm running it with the highest flowing cats I know of (Magnaflow 59929's) which are currently on their way to me. I plan on running Flowmaster 1 chambers as well and dumped at the rear axle.

So what does everyone think? Any other h-pipes out there to take a look at as well? Let me know. Thanks.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:37 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Love it! IMO it is a big factor in the sound/tone my exhaust has. Plus it only takes a little work on the driver's side to get it to connect to longtubes on an f-body.
Old 10-31-2006, 02:19 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jmm98LS1
Love it! IMO it is a big factor in the sound/tone my exhaust has. Plus it only takes a little work on the driver's side to get it to connect to longtubes on an f-body.
aren't your duals 2.5" and not 3" though?

it looks like a GREAT kit. it looks like it'll give you a midway between an X-pipe and an H-pipe. that's exactly what i'd buy if i were to go true duals (which i eventually intend to do).
Old 10-31-2006, 04:50 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
aren't your duals 2.5" and not 3" though?
Yep. I'd be doing double duty as a street sweeper if I had 3" at my ride height.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I haven't heard a one chamber setup in person yet with an H-Pipe. My car and all of my friends running one chambers have X-Pipes. If anyone has gone from an x to an h, and has videos of both, please post up.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't understand it. It looks like it's confused to me. If it's not an x or a y or an h, what is it? I don't see the d part of it. Sorry.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:45 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by 67SS&99Z28
I haven't heard a one chamber setup in person yet with an H-Pipe. My car and all of my friends running one chambers have X-Pipes. If anyone has gone from an x to an h, and has videos of both, please post up.
enter jonas' car:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/583890-no-more-x-h-pipe-ownz-all.html

if only he woulda listened to me from the beginning, i coulda saved him $500 H-pipes sound much better IMO.

it's ridiculous how much better his car sounds now with an H-pipe and single chambers than the X-pipe with magnapacks (sorry, not a fan of x-pipe duals w/a bullet-style muffler). his car went from "meh" to ear sex. i'm so jealous
Old 10-31-2006, 09:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HavATampa
If it's not an x or a y or an h, what is it? I don't see the d part of it. Sorry.
No, it's not a d-pipe, like an X/H/Y-pipe that holds their true shape. It's a d-port h-pipe.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:16 PM
Tech Resident

it's kinda like an H-pipe that scavenges like an X-pipe. the best of both worlds IMO. very nice.
Originally Posted by jmm98LS1
hey man, if you don't mind me asking, what is this "little work" you speak of? do you need to buy a 90 degree bend or something? thanks in advance.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:08 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
hey man, if you don't mind me asking, what is this "little work" you speak of? do you need to buy a 90 degree bend or something? thanks in advance.
The header collector (on pacesetters anyhow) points up toward the floor of the car a little and it's kicked out towards the outside of the car as well. It takes a little "down & in" jog to connecte the collector to the h-pipe leg. Here's a couple crappy pics of my exhaust that will show you what I mean. I "cut & pasted" some mandrel bends to join the two together while clearing fuel lines and low spots in the floorpan. Hope that helps.
Attached Thumbnails Thoughts on the Flowmaster D-port h-pipe...-duals001.jpg   Thoughts on the Flowmaster D-port h-pipe...-duals004.jpg  

Quick Reply: Thoughts on the Flowmaster D-port h-pipe...