Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetter y-pipe vs TSP y-pipe

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 09:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are there any pics of the pacesetter Y pipe installed? Does the two piece have the crushed parts for the clearance?
Old 03-29-2007, 09:18 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Demon_Speeding
Just get the Mufflex "Bump Stop" hanger from ThunderRacing seen toward the bottom of this page.

It attached to a bolt on the subframe on the driver's side. I installed it loosely on my Pacesetter ORY, then bolted it to the subframe. Once I had it bolted up, before I tightened it around the ORY I had a buddy take a long prybar and pry down on my ORY giving me max clearance between it and the floorpan. While he held it, I tightened the hell out of it. It's been there for almost two years and has NEVER banged the floor once. Ground clearance is still great as well, it doesn't hang low or anything. Personally I'd play around with the ORY a little bit before I put poly mounts in. I've heard nothing but tales of *** pain from those who've swapped mounts.

My only bitch about the Pacesetter piece is the crappy way the driver's side runs into the passenger side pipe. I had to take a Dremel with a flex shaft and hog it out. Look in there when you get it and you'll see. It was like they cut a small hole, then welded the pipe to it. For the money it's a decent piece though. TSP's looks like it may flow a little better. If I had to do it all over again, I'd get the Pacesetter ORY, as well as a Flowmaster merge and have it fabbed into the ORY instead of their half assed junction. The merge I'm talking about is a few items up from the hangar in the TR link.
the fit of the pipe

its all in the install...
Old 03-29-2007, 11:30 PM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I installed my pace lt's 2 weeks ago with a custom 3in y-pipe and cats to a magna flow catback. I also installed the mufflex hanger from the ws6store http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...a46e36f77fbff5
NO BANGING, couldn't be happier with the set up, and its easy to install!!
Old 03-30-2007, 10:56 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tsp y pipe suxs to put on... deff would recomend a lift to do it...

Quick Reply: Pacesetter y-pipe vs TSP y-pipe