Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best fitting lid out there?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 07:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as someone said before a lid is a lid is a lid....

i have the slp lid and with my stock hood it would slightly rub, but once i switched to the ultra z i have had no problems..

Originally Posted by 09CPTN
I have the SLP lid, SLP MAF and SLP smooth bellows ans I cant seem to get the latches on the front of the lid to stay down.
i had the same problem when i installed my bbk tb (total waste of money btw) so i trimmed the bellows (alot) and problem solved... your lid probloably isnt sliding all the way forward (towards the engine) which is causing the latch to pop off...

Last edited by presto_z; 11-08-2006 at 09:31 PM.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Starz T/A 17
A Lid Is A Lid Is A Lid Is A Lid, And Guess What A Lid Is A Lid
Performance, yes. All lids performa the same. As far as fitment, there are differances. Subtle, but differances none the less..

And to who said they had a problem w/ the latches not staying down, look at the very front, the lid should sit in a groove. The groove is between the latches and on the stock plastic filter area... I can't really explain it. I don't have my camera on me either. Is the lid pushed back all the way twords the engine?