Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is hooker better quality then pacesetter?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 08:14 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just get pacesetter's and have some flanges welded on that way ya dont have to modify your y-pipe
no brainer imo
Old 12-12-2006, 08:15 AM
Launching!

Unless you need to put your air junk back on, don't worry too much. I had the same thing happen to my Hookers. Take it and have them weld a plate over that hole. It really won't hurt flow and will save you on not only buying the new headers it will save you all that time installing them.

I had mine welded up and it only took him about 10 minutes. Granted, it looks like crap, but until I have the money for Kooks, it will do.

Originally Posted by BigDB
If anyone is wandering why I need new headers well Her ya go:

Old 12-12-2006, 09:23 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2 fast 2000
Dude are you crazy ? Flowtech and Hooker are nothing alike! Pacesetter, Hooker, Jet hot are all the exact same Header made by Hooker. Flowtech is also made by Hooker, but you can see the lower grade on them. The way there made and how they fit. I have a set of Hookers on my car and they are just about the easiest headers you can install, not to mention the fit is perfect. The same goes for Jet hot & Pacesetter. Look at a picture of these 4 headers and then you will see what I'm saying.
Okay, back away from the crack pipe! Pacesetters are not made by Hooker. Flowtechs and Hookers are the same design, Hookers are the better quality no doubt. Every time I have installed Hookers or Flowtechs have required removing the steering linkage and grinding the tab on the block. Never had to do either with Pacesetters.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Azrael
Okay, back away from the crack pipe! Pacesetters are not made by Hooker. Flowtechs and Hookers are the same design, Hookers are the better quality no doubt. Every time I have installed Hookers or Flowtechs have required removing the steering linkage and grinding the tab on the block. Never had to do either with Pacesetters.
Who's smoking crack now? I have a set of Hookers on my 2000ss and nothing had to be cut or removed. Flowtechs look nothing like Hookers side by side. Yes you are retarded. I'm right and you are wrong! Maybe you only know how to install Pacesetter's!

Last edited by 2 fast 2000; 12-12-2006 at 09:41 AM.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:16 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2 fast 2000
Who's smoking crack now? I have a set of Hookers on my 2000ss and nothing had to be cut or removed. Flowtechs look nothing like Hookers side by side. Yes you are retarded, because Pacesetter are made by Hooker! Go to the website, make a call, or I don't care what you do. I'm right and you are wrong!
ROFLMAO!

You are so stupid I am not even offended!
Old 12-12-2006, 03:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Azrael
ROFLMAO!

You are so stupid I am not even offended!
I'm not trying to offend you, and guess what? I'm not a internete warrior either, so that means that I'm not going to argue with you anymore. I guess you were right when you said there is a nut behind the wheel