Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

qtp headers...which y pipe besides qtp works???

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 12:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default qtp headers...which y pipe besides qtp works???

Tried the search and i am sure it has been asked a million times but what Y pipe will match up with the qtp headers...are there any besides going with a custom setup... which is what i might be leaning towards...thanks
Old 12-26-2006, 02:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i say do the custom setup anyways. it will tuck so much better.
Old 12-26-2006, 02:56 PM
10 Second Club

who was gotten a custom setup y pipe or true duels in the south chicago area...list prices and locations thanks...doesn't have to be a speed shop...
Old 12-26-2006, 04:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last time I looked, QTP's Y-pipe was one of the better designed Y-pipes incorporating a true merge. I understand going custom if you are going to a 3.5" I-Pipe, but why do you want to put someone else's Y pipe on?
Old 12-26-2006, 05:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

I've got the Mufflex Y pipe and its just like the QTP Y pipe. There isn't a difference between the 2. It's designed better than other Ys but it doesn't fit too well without a lot of work. I'm going to ditch mine and have a custom one made soon
Old 12-27-2006, 02:19 AM
TECH Resident

ditch catback, get tru duals!!!
Old 12-27-2006, 04:05 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

True duals aren't for everyone.
Old 12-27-2006, 07:11 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are looking at going custom, I'd talk to Speed Inc. in Schaumburg (although they usually have a wait list). Their exhaust guy fabbed up my duals, and did a GREAT job. Tucks nice, mandrel bent, Tig welded. I'm sure they would do a high quality job on a y-pipe too. If you click on my sig pic, you'll see the pics of what they did.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:20 PM
10 Second Club

Dont really wanna do true duals becuase of all the drone and loudness all the time...i would like to hear my radio more than just at stop lights, plus with a cutout i get full control over that...the only plus in my eyes would be losing weight...i mean wouldn't a custom y be around the same price and less of a hassle to fit up over the qtp y pipe...that is why i am leaning towards custom unless i am proven differently...any input is appreciated
Old 12-27-2006, 04:26 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chrs1313
Dont really wanna do true duals becuase of all the drone and loudness all the time...i would like to hear my radio more than just at stop lights, plus with a cutout i get full control over that...the only plus in my eyes would be losing weight...i mean wouldn't a custom y be around the same price and less of a hassle to fit up over the qtp y pipe...that is why i am leaning towards custom unless i am proven differently...any input is appreciated
Okay...question:

Why are you so against using the QTP y-pipe? Did the dudes at QTP get your sister pregnant or something? You don't have a compelling reason to NOT use their piece.

But either way, I gave you my advice. Speed Inc. could easily fab you up a custom y-pipe as I stated above. If you want to see the quality of their work, you can see what they fabbed up for me. A y-pipe would be way easier than what they did on mine.

As for thinking duals are loud...you are sadly mistaken there too. If you were closer, I'd take you for a ride to prove to you just how streetable and nice my system is, even with the bullet mufflers.
Old 12-27-2006, 05:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
Okay...question:

Why are you so against using the QTP y-pipe?
I know you aren't asking me but here is my reason

It just doesn't tuck up very well. I think they could do a better job with the Y if they made it in less pieces. There are too many pieces to adjust to make it fit. After getting mine in and installing it I see a few ways they could improve.

As for duals being too loud it's all about the muffler you pick.
Old 12-28-2006, 01:01 PM
10 Second Club

heard the fitment isn't that nice and not sure if it will work with an aftermarket torque arm...dont wanna get the qtp y and then have it fit like crap and then have to modify it when i get my torque arm...trying not to have to do things twice...

is that a better arguement....

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
Okay...question:

Why are you so against using the QTP y-pipe? Did the dudes at QTP get your sister pregnant or something? You don't have a compelling reason to NOT use their piece.

But either way, I gave you my advice. Speed Inc. could easily fab you up a custom y-pipe as I stated above. If you want to see the quality of their work, you can see what they fabbed up for me. A y-pipe would be way easier than what they did on mine.

As for thinking duals are loud...you are sadly mistaken there too. If you were closer, I'd take you for a ride to prove to you just how streetable and nice my system is, even with the bullet mufflers.