Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust Leak... couple questions...

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 06:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Exhaust Leak... couple questions...

K my pacesetters rusted (wierd, I'm in Cali...) and they've got a leak now. The ticking of the leak is very obvious, even at idle with the hood up. Gets pretty noticeable from idle to 2,500rpm when ur accelerating normaly (maybe that'll give u an idea how big the hole is). So I have a couple questions: since I know that bank is running rich, am I hurting anything in there or am I only gonna see some bad mileage? Is getting on it hurting it? Whenever I rev it above 3,500 or get on it then push the clutch in with the RPMs above 3,500, I get a few pops as the RPMs come back down. Is this hurting anything? I've already come to terms that I'll probably need to replace the o2 sensors once I get the replacement header in there. The car has 90k miles on it and I was planning on putting some vette o2's in there anyways and doing away with the extentions. Thanks.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would check the plugs to see what the plugs look like. that will let you know if it is making it run lean or rich. if it is rich, then all you risk is ruining the plugs, but running rich is not gonna hurt anything especially if you all ready have ordered a new header