Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what should i do?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 09:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default what should i do?

about a week ago i ordered an ory pipe from texas speed with a visa gift card. they told me everything was fine and it would soon be shipped. later on that day i went to the mall and used the rest of the gift card and threw it away. they call me the next day and say now the gift card wont go through after telling me it was all fine the day before. im getting pissed b/c that was their fault and my money just went down the tubes. what should i do???
Old 01-05-2007, 09:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

check with VISA to see what happened. duh
Old 01-05-2007, 09:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

well i dont have the cars anymore. duh
Old 01-05-2007, 10:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

i used the rest of the money on the card at the mall and then got rid of teh card
Old 01-05-2007, 10:05 AM
Banned

Dig it out of the trash.

Seriously I would have them run the number again, and if that doesn't work you're SOL because VISA or others don't keep an electronic record of gift cars as far as I know.

You could ask TSP for the numbers back, and then try it at another place. Technically all you need is the number, expiration, and CV code, to make a purchase.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

yeah but i threw it out at the mall b/c everything i bought said it went through, they said they have those so i dont get why it wont work. it was a brand new card and i used it there first.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:24 AM
TECH Addict

Just a thought but as far as I know TSP doesnt charge the card until the product is ready to be shipped. If you used the card directly after and didnt leave enough on the card for what you ordered then the card wont go through. Sorry to say but you may have lost that money. I would tell them to try to charge the card for half the amount (theyll still have the cc#) and if it works have them charge the car again in incraments until they no longer can.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Honda Hunter
Just a thought but as far as I know TSP doesnt charge the card until the product is ready to be shipped. If you used the card directly after and didnt leave enough on the card for what you ordered then the card wont go through. Sorry to say but you may have lost that money. I would tell them to try to charge the card for half the amount (theyll still have the cc#) and if it works have them charge the car again in incraments until they no longer can.

bingo. honda hunter hit the nail on the head!!!
Old 01-05-2007, 02:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

no b/c what i did was subtract what i used on the card from how much was on the card to begin with and then when i went to the mall i told the lady how much was left on the card and thats what she used, nothing more b/c i paided the rest in cash.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by transamfreak01
no b/c what i did was subtract what i used on the card from how much was on the card to begin with and then when i went to the mall i told the lady how much was left on the card and thats what she used, nothing more b/c i paided the rest in cash.
Some gift cards have other fees associated with them. If your name was on the VISA card they should be able to pull your transactions up using your name. Try it out., worst they can say is they cant pull it up.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:50 PM
TECH Addict

I had this happen to me, Call up the company and have ask if they have a manual credit card swiper and have them punch in the numbers through that. That was my problem when i used a visa gift card online. Byunspeed i believe it was. Good luck
Old 01-06-2007, 01:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

hey thanks a lot everyone. hopefully everything will go through so i can finally keep up with some of you.... but thnaks again
Old 01-06-2007, 07:01 AM
On The Tree

I've decided I'm not going to use texas-speed w/ my cards anymore. I never had a problem using them with any other company and it took me (literally) 2 weeks to work out a way to order some parts. This included numerous calls to my banks and countless emails/messages to TSP. Summit=instant order, next day arrival for me.

Sorry but I was expecting TSP to impress me. oh well...