Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what is a good true dual setup?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 04:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffstar
It shook the pictures off the wall in the 3rd bedroom in our house that connects to the garage. I set off 6 car alarms the first time I drove it to work.
I'm sorry, that is just great. I could def. see where you're coming from on the management at work... this car is your DD?

-J
Old 01-15-2007, 08:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lsx24
Noone gives the Bassani true Dual exhaust any love.

It's the most refined TD setup, by far. It cost almost a grand but it's worth every penny (stainless steel).

I had it on my car and I wouldn't trade it for any other exhaust, there are ZERO disadvantages.

Dont worry....I love it man..I love it...
Old 01-16-2007, 02:21 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

over the axles anyone?
Old 01-16-2007, 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, to give you a barometer. My TFS heads, cam, long tubes, Fast90/NW90 setup and the TSP true duals were RIDICULOUSLY loud and this car is NOT my first rodeo. I've been heavily modifying cars for 15 years. This was hands down, the LOUDEST exhaust/engine combo I have ever heard on a "Street" car. I am getting older but the bass was just unreal. It shook the pictures off the wall in the 3rd bedroom in our house that connects to the garage. I set off 6 car alarms the first time I drove it to work.

I was probably 1 day away from somebody higher up then me asking me to change something on my car. So I added the extension pipes and the noise is MUCH better. Just a warning if you have a built motor, it's going to be insane. If you have stock cam and stock heads, it's probably not that bad at all.
Which extension pipes are you guys referring to? Is it something TSP sells, or something you customize?

Thanks
Old 01-16-2007, 04:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Xtnct00WS6
Which extension pipes are you guys referring to? Is it something TSP sells, or something you customize?
It's something you customize. Some people with the TSP True Duals have had an exhaust shop extend the dumps up and over (or under) the axle and out the back to remove drone and excessive noise.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:35 PM
Teching In

what is the advantage of true duals? do they truly make more power? has any body done a before and after on a dyno?

tomtom
Old 01-16-2007, 04:42 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TOMTOM
what is the advantage of true duals? do they truly make more power? has any body done a before and after on a dyno?

tomtom
A setup like mine normally nets around 25 rear wheel.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:43 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by lastcall190
I'm sorry, that is just great. I could def. see where you're coming from on the management at work... this car is your DD?

-J
Heh, no sir. I daily an F250 Diesel. However, I had just finished my motor and was driving the car trying to get the SD tune just right. I was giving myself headaches. I'm part of the management and I could tell that the Executives were not amused. haha
Old 01-16-2007, 04:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Heh, no sir. I daily an F250 Diesel. However, I had just finished my motor and was driving the car trying to get the SD tune just right. I was giving myself headaches. I'm part of the management and I could tell that the Executives were not amused. haha
Ah gotcha Weather cooperating for a dyno down there or still no dice?

-J