Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Symmetrical Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 02:30 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

that Vette sounded nice tho!
Old 01-29-2007, 09:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TransAminal
Awesome exhaust you got there man. I'm assuming thats totally custom?? Anything you have to remov/relocate in order to get it to fit right??
You might have missed the fact the trunk tub and spare tire area were altered (sections cut out for the mufflers to fit). If another car had this done, the exhuast would bolt right up. Yes it's all hand made. Evethying uses the existing bolt holes in the frame rails and and by the cross member though.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pro52R
LOL...

like mentioned above..

The only way you'll get a ferrari sound is w/ a Ferrari engine...Look at the Rolex 24...the Vettes have some high-tech stuff done to them and they still don't sound exotic...its all in the motor..why do you think the 5.0 stangs have that distict tone. If you wanna sound diffrewnt,throw on a Mangnacharger and hear it scream..or maybe a set of hairdryers(turbos) other than that,your stuck w/ the poor old american sound
OK I have the perfect example of this. My WS6 exhaust is identical to my BMW850 CSI. I mean identical - Including the diameter of pipe, the crossover design, and the mufflers. I loved the BMW's sound and know it would not sound the same because of the V8. The outlet areas on the rear bumper facias are identical on these 2 cars so I said what the hell, let's give it a try.

The sound of the WS6 is deep and the best way to describe it is that it sounds expensive, not raspy or rattly like most everything I've ever heard once it revs. Even the vette audio in this post has that raspy sound.

But it in no way compares to the BMW V12 which is less deep, smaller explosions in the cylinder (smaller pistons and less gas in the cylinder), but obviously more frequent explosions (V12).