Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best LS6 Manifold

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 08:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587
Yea actually, it KILLS the performance. Heat soak on the 03/04 cobra is very well known, so quit while you're ahead dude.
Its so bad that so many of them complain about putting down 500+rwhp with bolt-ons.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:27 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd say skip LS6 and go for F.A.S.T. they come in two sizes 78mm or 90 mm to fit the size of TB.

I'm very happy with the F.A.S.T instake I have, I wanted to change my LS1 intake for something a little better, was thinking of the options for some time, did consider LS6, but then thought if I'm going to change I only want to do it once. So took note of what people had to say about it and made my choice.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:44 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think heat soak is a real issue.

Just look, for an analogy, at a hairdryer or car heater, air passed by hot filiments and boom, instant hot air. Same principle applies to a manifold, air passes through a hot manifold, boom, heated air.

Now whether or not it makes much of a difference is unknown, and untested as this point from what I can tell.

But to answer the original question I would run an ls6 intake hands down, unless I was boosted or had a heavy head.cam combination. Even then it works good, just not the best.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Justin00SS
Its so bad that so many of them complain about putting down 500+rwhp with bolt-ons.
Yea they put down 500rwhp and then watch their numbers drop pull after pull because of heat soak unless they have a bag of ice on the blower or ice in their IC reservoir , or all of the above with an aftermarket heat exchanger. Do a little research before acting like a smart ***.

Hey, aren't you that guy saying 400rw is possible with bolt-ons only?

Edit- heres some links for you since I KNOW you wont look anything up
http://svtperformance.com/forums/sho...ight=heat+soak
http://svtperformance.com/forums/sho...at+soak+issues
http://svtperformance.com/forums/sho...at+soak+issues <--- directly quoted from that thread "Oh, and after 4-5 runs heat soak is going to be killing you if your not allowing some cool down time."

Have a nice day

Last edited by lilbuddy1587; 02-12-2007 at 01:16 PM.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I never said 400rwhp was capable w/ bolt-ons. I was basically wondering what the most powerful factory freaks were.

Oh and any car will start getting slower as the engine gets hotter and hotter.

However how many times is the engine maxed out during a race? Usually just once. Your not running a lemans or anything.

Oh and race engines use metal intakes.