Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust change-up *Now w/ PICTURES*

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 12:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust

OK not to jack your thread , but I have pacesetter headers with the ory and slp loudmouth . The thing is stupid loud and I hate it . I was just wondering if anyone here has used the single chamber flowmasters the little one . I was thinking of putting them at the very end of my pipe about 4 inches away from the tips . Do you all think this would quite it down as long as I leave the reasonater in the I pipe. If not i am just gonna sell the whole damn thing and get the rumbler x . I just dont want to waste anymore money on this damn thing the ory and slp cost me 450 dollars. I am just posting here because of the guys that have responded are pretty reliable as far as there advice in other post. So what do you all think ?

Oh yeah you exhaust kicks *** I would love the sound and who cares how many welds you used and the fact that you used pushrods . That make it your ! Nice Job!!!!
Old 03-21-2007, 02:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

jackstand and floor jacks FTW/L lol i'm right there with ya on the welding mask hitting every fkking thing, i sometime just close my eyes and turn away and shoot random to just get a tack started! lol

BTW wha kinda jack is that? VERY nice, i have a monster oldie that is like 4 inches tall and cant fit under the bitch without having to ramp the car alittle to get the jack to slide under neeth
Old 03-22-2007, 05:04 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That jack and jackstands came together in a package at pep boys for like 99 bucks!
Best deal I have ever made! All aluminum...I pick it up and store it on a shelf 6 feet off the ground, right next to that welder.(which weighs in at a metric ton).
Old 03-22-2007, 05:05 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Originally Posted by Jrp1978
OK not to jack your thread , but I have pacesetter headers with the ory and slp loudmouth . The thing is stupid loud and I hate it . I was just wondering if anyone here has used the single chamber flowmasters the little one . I was thinking of putting them at the very end of my pipe about 4 inches away from the tips . Do you all think this would quite it down as long as I leave the reasonater in the I pipe. If not i am just gonna sell the whole damn thing and get the rumbler x . I just dont want to waste anymore money on this damn thing the ory and slp cost me 450 dollars. I am just posting here because of the guys that have responded are pretty reliable as far as there advice in other post. So what do you all think ?

Oh yeah you exhaust kicks *** I would love the sound and who cares how many welds you used and the fact that you used pushrods . That make it your ! Nice Job!!!!

That single chamber will do no good for noise.

Thanks for the compliment! I hope to get it set just right in the next few days....weather permitting.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
That single chamber will do no good for noise.

Thanks for the compliment! I hope to get it set just right in the next few days....weather permitting.
Why do you have the fuel pump mounted on the passenger side in the first place?
Old 03-23-2007, 06:23 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
Why do you have the fuel pump mounted on the passenger side in the first place?
It was there when I got it. I have no idea. All the fuel lines and wiring for the relay was run through that 3 foot piece of metal right above the rear end and then looped back through. So I took about 6 ft of 3/8 hose out of the picture and put in a second inline filter. Seems to be more logical this way anyhow.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice job. I really like the sound.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:13 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Thanks! I am pleased so far. Still tweaking the hangers and whatnot, but overall I am happy with it.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
It was there when I got it. I have no idea. All the fuel lines and wiring for the relay was run through that 3 foot piece of metal right above the rear end and then looped back through. So I took about 6 ft of 3/8 hose out of the picture and put in a second inline filter. Seems to be more logical this way anyhow.
I was like WTF..

Ive always mounted mine on the back wall next to the brake junction and wall plug for the ABS wires. Its clean when done right and very serviceable. Relay is mounted right next to it as well for ease of servicing.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:57 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Yeah, there is no good reason to have it on the pass. side. No sense. Looks an ***-ton better on the other side.