Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock airbox lid rubbing hood

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 09:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stock airbox lid rubbing hood

Just noticed this the other day. My stock airbox lid is rubbing the hood. Car has a US Exotics WS9 hood and I put in a WS6 airbox. Assuming that the WS9 is the same on the underside as a stock WS6 hood, the lid shouldn't touch. Any ideas? I'm guessing this is going to cause problems if I want an aftermarket lid.
Old 03-17-2007, 09:21 PM
12 Second Club

Try adjusting the bumpstops on either side of the airbox to make the hood sit a little higher.
Old 03-18-2007, 07:21 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah, but if I do that too much my hood won't look like it's closed properly. Plus, I doubt it will give me the room I need to add an aftermarket lid. How much taller are they they the stock lid anyway?
Old 06-29-2008, 09:56 PM
Teching In

Anyone have any new ideas on this thread? I just recently added the ws6 lower air box and can probably get by with the stock lid and some minor dremel work, but would really like an aftermarket lid. Will this work with the WS9 hood? How careful do I need to be if I remove material from the hood?
Old 06-30-2008, 01:10 AM
TECH Addict

I have a friend with an aftermarket ws6 hood. His rubs on his slp lid. Not really sure on what to tell you. My idea would of been the bumpstops as well. Something is gonna have to be cut. You could cut the area on your hood where it is touching. Not many people are gonna stare at the underside of your hood anyways. Good luck!
Old 06-30-2008, 09:19 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My WS9 hood does the same thing. I have the stock lower airbox with an aftermarket Whisper air lid. I had wanted to get a WS6 lower airbox but there's no way it'd fit. I have no ideas how to keep it from rubbing either.