Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Just Got A Modified Exhaust Ticket Today "27151a"

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 10:35 AM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by King Nothing
texas is full of **** anyway so don't move there, don't you guys pay the same gas prices we do and we make more money? yeah move away from money is always the smartest thing to do!! hahaha
Spoken like a typical californian.....

Have you ever been to TX???

I'd be willing to pay $4.00/gallon in TX before i packed up all my toys and moved to liberal cali.

Thanks but no thanks! FTW!!!!
Old 04-12-2007, 10:43 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by THE_SUPRA
move away from cali. go to a place that isnt run by liberal Dbags
I agree with this guy. But it would probably be smart to just hook up your stock exhaust when you take it to the shop. If they look under your car and see that the stock exhaust is bolted up but not working your going to look like a jackass.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:28 AM
TECH Regular

Put on the stock system and move away from gay Cali.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:33 AM
TECH Resident

dude if you know any chp's in your area or police officers ask them. it might be as easy as putting some cats in so it quiets the sound and you pass their decible level. all depends on how much of a dick the guy wants to be when he signs off on it.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:34 AM
TECH Resident

and stay in cali. remember we gots everything. drive 1 hour east you got snow drive 1 hour west you got ocean. thats if u live in the valley. u never know maybe peeps might get something going to stop these bs laws that will only make it sniffer test thats it no carb **** n e more.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
Electric cutouts for the win!
Bypassing the muffler is not legal and here in CA would also be another DING by a police officer or vehicle referee.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

don't you guys pay the same gas prices we do and we make more money? yeah move away from money is always the smartest thing to do!! hahaha
Umm... it costs a LOT more to live in Cali than it does in Texas... hence why you "make more money". If you've going to play that card, might as well compare price of living as well.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

or you could register your car in 1 of the counties we have that you don't have to smog your car in . . . . texas is full of **** anyway so don't move there, don't you guys pay the same gas prices we do and we make more money? yeah move away from money is always the smartest thing to do!! hahaha put your stock **** back on, get tested passs and then put it back on. out of curiosity, were you revving or punching it too get their attention???? my LM is loud and i never get any attention, even with tinted windows and no front plate

thats pretty good. i can't go to modesto and not get pulled over. its either window tint or no front plate..and now with my exhaust who knows what else..McHenry fri/sat night? no way

MPD are all corrupt ******* and ********.

+ 1million to go back to stock for it

pm me what counties those are if you know them please
Old 04-12-2007, 01:09 PM
TECH Resident

i dont kow why but ive never gotten a ticket for this before??
Old 04-12-2007, 01:09 PM
Banned

California is a bunch of liberal **** scumbags when it comes to vehicles and emmissions.

I would put the stock exhaust back on for the time being, just to get out of the ticket, and then of course swap back to the duals
Old 04-12-2007, 02:10 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by santiago
i dont kow why but ive never gotten a ticket for this before??
care to translate? you used question marks, but i see no question.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:35 PM
Staging Lane

The whole emmisions thing is crap, They make all these rules, but whats it matter, It takes 12 odd years for greenhouse gases to reach the upper Atmosphere and damage it, They dont look at the big picture, so what! they stop say 50000 cars a year from running Straights or no cats, half the other states in the union dont care and more than half of the world doesnt care! Cargo Ships and boats burn millons of gallons a fuel each year with basically no forms of emmisions except filtering it threw the water that the fish we eat live in. This is a case were Helping a little bit doesnt do ****. They need to stop bitchen about emmisions on cars and find a another source of alternate Energy.( i know it easier said than done, but 100 years ago my great grandpa said "Automobile.....What the F%^K is that???"
Old 04-12-2007, 03:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by yzblue125
The whole emmisions thing is crap, They make all these rules, but whats it matter, It takes 12 odd years for greenhouse gases to reach the upper Atmosphere and damage it, They dont look at the big picture, so what! they stop say 50000 cars a year from running Straights or no cats, half the other states in the union dont care and more than half of the world doesnt care! Cargo Ships and boats burn millons of gallons a fuel each year with basically no forms of emmisions except filtering it threw the water that the fish we eat live in. This is a case were Helping a little bit doesnt do ****. They need to stop bitchen about emmisions on cars and find a another source of alternate Energy.( i know it easier said than done, but 100 years ago my great grandpa said "Automobile.....What the F%^K is that???"
Agreed.

If we were already burning alternative fuels in our cars, like Ethanol and Biodiesel, there wouldn't even be any need for catalytic converters or emmissins equipment, because those fuels burn cleanly.

But instead of investing money in that, we waste millions of dollars on emmissions crap to try and make an inherently dirty fuel burn clean. As of if piping exhaust gases back into the intake and adding extra oxygen to the cats is going to save the environment. We should have started using alternative fuels in regular combustion engines years ago, yet here we are in 2007 still burning oil, and the defecit and price just keep going up
Old 04-12-2007, 04:26 PM
Staging Lane

So I thought that relocating the cats where illegal in all states, just most of them with less restrictive emission laws don't really care that much other then Cali.

'00 Formula A4, 3.23's, Lid, Catback, Pacesetter LT's coming on soon
Old 04-12-2007, 04:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live in an area where no emissions testing is done, if you get a ticket for loud exhaust, pay the ticket and be on your way, unless you live in KC or STL....
Old 04-12-2007, 05:19 PM
TECH Regular

ima try to answer all the questions at once...
i have no intention of leaving cali

i was in pasadena when it happened...

i was on a big empty street cruisin ~35 mph in 3rd and gassed it...only went up to around 3500 or so and the bike cop pulled me over..

gave me a "modified exhaust" ticket, but didnt really explain what needed to be done in order for it to be cleared...but im going to call the motor department and see what is included in 27151a... if its just something that can be written off by any officer i should be ok since i know a few through my business...if it requires a full refferee inspection then i definitely will be going back to stock temporarily...if its just a decible test i have to pass then ill probably just build a silencer for my exhaust and go get it written off so if i get pulled over again i will have something to show the officer...my car is not very loud unless i want it to be...and sense they dont check under your car or give you the sniffer in a decible test i should have no problem passing at half of my limit( not sure if its redline or mechanical limit) ~3000 rpm...

even if so i was thinking of a device that can be inserted in the turndown that would have a chamber stuffed with steel wool and can be tack welded to the tip temporarily...that should be a quick easy solution...im really good with fab work so its no big deal for me to make something like this...i guess i just gotta find out for sure what corrections i need to make before i do anything.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well, everyone better get prepared for tougher emission's checks everywhere with the new ruling the EPA can do more to reduce greenhouse gases. It's illegal to relocate or remove the cats in every state, it's a federal law. So any state can start to look for that modification at any point in time. States are also loosing out on federal highway money if they don't do full emission's testing so most are going to the OBDII and dyno testing in the near future. You can still pass inspection with longtubes, AIR, EGR and dual cats in the y-pipe if the inspector doesn't know exactly what to look for. But no AIR, no EGR and no cats are obvious violations that carry heavy fines in all states. Ditch the dumped dual exhaust and go with a catted y-pipe which will quiet it down as well. Or put the stock manifolds and exhaust back on.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:38 PM
On The Tree

Great here I am getting LTs, ORY and cut out installed tomorrow only to ready this thread...but I'm in Florida Panhandle. Just the discussion got me already worrying a bit...Guess gotta check mirrors before I get it.

As for Cali, jsut don't see the thrill after umteenth million people migrating there. But you are in Gore's Buddy land
Old 04-13-2007, 07:37 AM
Coy
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Rokn Red
Great here I am getting LTs, ORY and cut out installed tomorrow only to ready this thread...but I'm in Florida Panhandle. Just the discussion got me already worrying a bit...Guess gotta check mirrors before I get it.

As for Cali, jsut don't see the thrill after umteenth million people migrating there. But you are in Gore's Buddy land
California is a great place to live (depending on where you live), but the Law's on Emissions/Vehicle modification are pretty fucked.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:15 AM
TECH Regular

While I have absolutely zero personal experience, I am well aware that Cali's laws regarding emissions suck.

I believe that stock, my 81 came with cats. Of course, it doesn't have them now. I have headers, and then header reducers welded to 21" long glass packs with turndowns. My entire exhaust is about 2 1/2ft long It's loud, and I love pipe'n the rice.

Honestly, I don't even worry about the cops pulling me over here in
Chey-o-tucky. 97RedZ28 had a 69 GTO w/ a 400 BB and a 4 speed that was louder than my car, and I don't believe he ever got pulled over either.

If Wyoming didn't average 15mph winds (doesn't sound that bad until you realize it makes 35 degree weather into a 25 degree day, wasn't at 6k feet above sea level, and had more than 450,000 people living in the entire state, it would be a nice place to be!! They don't even have a law stating how far your tires can stick out (good for the truck guys, bad for "mexican" number of cars- NO OFFENSE, I honestly don't know how else to describe it...).

Quick Reply: I Just Got A Modified Exhaust Ticket Today "27151a"