Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Just Got A Modified Exhaust Ticket Today "27151a"

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 08:22 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CAli guys,

Talking with my mechanic here in Florida who moved from CA, said the State actually has a computer monitoring stations in Stockton (like a control center) where they actually monitor and report cars messing with the emissions? I couldn't believe it, that's like major BIG BROTHER, tell me it's not true...
Old 04-13-2007, 11:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rokn Red
Great here I am getting LTs, ORY and cut out installed tomorrow only to ready this thread...but I'm in Florida Panhandle. Just the discussion got me already worrying a bit...Guess gotta check mirrors before I get it.

As for Cali, jsut don't see the thrill after umteenth million people migrating there. But you are in Gore's Buddy land

you have NOTHING to worry about in the panhandle. As many racing/modified cars there are from PCB-Pensecola, you're good to go.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:02 PM
Coy
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Rokn Red
CAli guys,

Talking with my mechanic here in Florida who moved from CA, said the State actually has a computer monitoring stations in Stockton (like a control center) where they actually monitor and report cars messing with the emissions? I couldn't believe it, that's like major BIG BROTHER, tell me it's not true...
Who'd your buddy hear that from?

I do know around Bakersfield they do a pretty good job of keeping track of the known streetracers.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:09 PM
On The Tree

Why not move to Mexico? You could probably run dry stacks right out of the ports there.

The governator here has four Hummers as his contribution to the environment.

And Al Gore uses 20 times the average US household energy consuption so he is a hypocrite too. F him and that whole screwball bunch of left wing meddlers. I don't think he is from California but a whole bunch of the others are.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:26 PM
12 Second Club

just go back to stock and "DONT" try to fight it bro! deal with it or u will pay for it$............................................... ............................................
Old 04-13-2007, 02:49 PM
TECH Resident

I've gotten these kinds of tickets. I just put my car back to stock and went in for the tests. No big deal. I definately wouldn't try to show up without cats' though. CHP is training more and more officers to know exactly what to look for. If they don't know, they'll just send you to a ref' and they won't give you ANY lenience.

Good luck.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by camscam02
they will be looking for relocated cats! in cali its illegal to relocate the cats from the stock positions which you have obviously done and that is why longtubes are illegal in cali! you got pulled over because you were too loud but the chp will get you for the longtubes and relocated cats when you go! put the stock back on and get it over with!
*ding!* ..*ding!* .. *ding!*
+1
Old 04-13-2007, 05:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by DANSBIRD
Umm... it costs a LOT more to live in Cali than it does in Texas... hence why you "make more money". If you've going to play that card, might as well compare price of living as well.
so how much a gallon in gas do you pay? your cost of living is cheaper but something tells me your gas isn't by much . . . so really he'd lose money if he moved to texass just so he wouldn't get a modified exhuast ticket. now if the gas in texass was alot cheaper to match your income than yeah i'd suggest to move there, but since it's not might as well stay where the moeny is
Originally Posted by SUCK MY SS
i was on a big empty street cruisin ~35 mph in 3rd and gassed it...only went up to around 3500 or so and the bike cop pulled me over..
3500??? yeah i'd get a modified exhaust ticket if i did that next to a bike cop, but good luck with this matter
Old 04-13-2007, 05:59 PM
On The Tree

As for the state monitoring, he was a mechanic there and he had a friend who worked for the state that took him there. But, you know how folks wanta sound like they got the inside scoop.

Hey Cali, lighten up on TX, They just about got everything CA does except mountains high enough for skiing. and I think the women are a hell of lot nicer looking since they acutally grew up there, not a bunch leftie transplants...
Old 04-13-2007, 06:11 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah I Know...just Bad Timing I Guess...the Bike Cop That Gave Me The Ticket Is Know For Being Real Strict...but To Tell You The Truth He Was Actually Pretty Cool....he Let Me Slide On The No Front License Plate And Told Me That If I Didnt Gas It He Wouldnt Have Even Pulled Me Over (even Though He Saw That Theres No Exhaust Piping Coming Out The Rear Of The Car).

Does Anybody In Here Know If Any Officer Can Sign Off The Ticket Or Do They Need To Be Certified To Do So?
Old 04-13-2007, 06:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kalifornia?

FYI: Take the caps lock off before posting. Nobody likes to read posts where every single word begins with a capital letter.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by blkZ28spt
Kalifornia?

wow that sucks, modesto isn't even on that map we're the stolen capital of the world, meth labs and we are known for some famous recent murders
Old 04-13-2007, 08:30 PM
TECH Regular

anybody got any useful information?
Old 04-13-2007, 08:34 PM
TECH Regular

This is my view on this whole topic......

CALIFORNIA:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Anywhere else:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Old 04-13-2007, 08:52 PM
TECH Regular

cali haters are just jealous
Old 04-13-2007, 08:59 PM
12 Second Club

Useful information. I don't remember the exact number of my ticket (it was for modified exhaust) I was running LTs, TSP TDs/sweetthunder out a 3" CME. LMAO I got away with it until two days before I moved back to Oklahoma! Motorcycle officer nabbed me AND was a total dick in how he spoke to me. But I was a Marine driving a modified car in Oceanside, so go figure. The only good thing about it was he never bothered to look underneath the car and handed me my ticket. I paid $118 to the courthouse in Vista and was done with it.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:29 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes. I'll say the same as everyone else: Put it back to stock or move.

Or you could put some shorties and high flow cats on.

cali haters are just jealous

Old 04-14-2007, 06:33 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah, I'm jealous I don't have emissions testing where I'm stationed, or where I'm originally from.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:24 PM
Launching!

About ten years ago when I got a modified exhaust ticket in my 78 z-28 I just paid the eighty bucks or whatever it was. I did not have to get it inspected because I wasn't trying to fight it.

My buddy got the same ticket in his 69 Roadrunner with a 440 and he put mufflers on the end of the headers and then some pipe and then some flowmasters at the back. Took it to get inspected and the sheriff shook his head and said "nope". So he paid the eighty bucks and whatever else he spent trying to make it "quiet".

If it is an option now, like it was ten years ago, pay the ticket and hope you don't get another.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:25 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by tim99ws6
Spoken like a typical californian.....

Have you ever been to TX???

I'd be willing to pay $4.00/gallon in TX before i packed up all my toys and moved to liberal cali.

Thanks but no thanks! FTW!!!!
No kiddin Cali sucks, everything is expensive, and its the most populated state, even where I'm at its packed on the freeway, and I'm 100 miles out of LA in the frikin desert. I tryed ordering some old surplus ammo from 1960, but can't import it to cali cause it is ammo hooked on the links like you would see on a 30 cal. machine gun. Aparently since it is on links its considered high capacity magazine, so its not allowed. Hell they are limited to 10 round clips and no muzzle flash hiders.
Did I mention camera lights everywhere
everything sucks here-I can't wait to move

Quick Reply: I Just Got A Modified Exhaust Ticket Today "27151a"