Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got my Holley Intake manifold..few questions...

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2002, 12:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Just got my Holley Intake manifold..few questions...

1. Do you need the coolant pipes just like the ls6 install?
2. Can anyone give me tips to hand polish the top a little? I tryed a little sand paper and it just brought out the imperfections in the metal and it looks even worse now.

I grinded some of the casting lines inside the ports.
Old 05-05-2002, 07:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: Just got my Holley Intake manifold..few questions...

Yes, you need the pipes.

Try Eastwood for one of their manifold polishing kits. It'll take you a long time to polish yours has a finish as rough as mine.

Before you attempt to mount on the engine, do a search to get the details on the interference between manifold and some of the fasteners, at least one person had vacuum leaks, or maybe Holley has a fix.
Old 05-06-2002, 03:28 PM
TECH Regular

I just installed mine this weekend so maybe I can contribute some info. First and foremost, put the brake booster fitting on the back of the manifold and test fit the manifold. I ended up breaking my oil pressure sending unit because the straight style fitting that came with the manifold was in the way. I had to use a 45* addapter in order to make it clear the sending unit. As for the coolant lines, the instructions should cover the modification process that you can do to your stock lines or use LS6 lines. I just modified mine and it seems to work very well. Now, in the instructions it says to use Blue RTV to glue the gaskets to the heads. I would not recomend this because fuel and heat are not Blue RTV's friend. I recomend Gasket Tack...and I also glued them to the manifold instead of the heads. It is easier to scrape the gaskets off the manifold instead of the heads(keeps junk out of your heads as well). Hope this helps.
Old 05-08-2002, 02:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey- No catzz, I am in the middle of the install, I broke my Oil pressure sending unit before I even attempted to put the intake on. I bought mr gasket RTV blue silicone sealer, should i buy something different. The install recomended Permatex-Ultra blue sealer.

So i need to buy that 45 so I can get the hose over the sending unit?

And also after i switch the coolant lines do I need to add coolant?