Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will an Optima battery...

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2002 | 06:44 AM
On The Tree

Default Will an Optima battery...

Fit in our stock battery holder? I am thinking about getting a yellow top optima. I have tons of wiring for my nitrous and bottle warmer already to my stock battery, and now that I am adding a 600watt RMS amplifier to my car I am thinking it is time to upgrade.
Old 05-14-2002 | 11:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Default Re: Will an Optima battery...

Saw 2 different cars at the track this past weekend with Red Tops...
Old 05-14-2002 | 01:17 PM
TECH Junkie

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Ghost SS:
<strong>Fit in our stock battery holder? I am thinking about getting a yellow top optima. I have tons of wiring for my nitrous and bottle warmer already to my stock battery, and now that I am adding a 600watt RMS amplifier to my car I am thinking it is time to upgrade.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I've got one in my car...you'll have to check it out...you need to shave down the plastic bracket that holds the battery in the box.
Old 05-15-2002 | 12:07 AM
TECH Resident

I`ve had the Yellow top in my 97 WS-6 and now in my Hawk. Fits just fine, I never shaved anything.
Great battery that will take a beating that`s for sure.
Old 05-15-2002 | 03:46 PM
TECH Veteran

I got a yellow top..and it fit fine..you can angle it when you put it in and it fit the tray in my 99 fine..the hold down bolt might not fit exactly factory but it does work too so not sure what you guys are shaving the tray for..
Old 05-15-2002 | 03:56 PM
TECH Resident

My red top fit fine as well. No worries....
Old 05-15-2002 | 04:53 PM
TECH Junkie

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by MY99TAWS6:
<strong>so not sure what you guys are shaving the tray for..</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I didn't shave the tray, just the plastic bracket that keeps the battery from wobbling while in the tray so I could pass tech inspections.

I also bought my battery from NAPA and am not sure if the yellow top comes in different sizes...I just bought the generic one....only because they had it mis-marked at $109!!!!
Old 05-15-2002 | 11:02 PM
TECH Addict

I have the red top in my T/A,I had to shave the wedge alittle to get it to fit so the battery won't move around. I got mine for $109.00 also, I had one in my 95 Impala SS and I paid more than that for it. I had a bad experience with the Delco battery body bulging and then leaking on the battery tray and didn't want the same thing happening to my T/A.

Mark