Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stainless Headers and Y-pipe NEW TECH SPONSOR

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 10:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sroach20
anybody tried these on a lowered car? im looking for some longtubes, but my stock exhaust hangs really low.
i ran these for six months daily driving with sportlines.... never had any problems and i'm sure you wouldn't either.

congrats to XS for becoming a sponsor.... was only a matter of time

A HUGE RECOMMENDATION TO ANYONE WHO IS CONSIDERING THESE HEADERS.... that quaility, price, fitment is just to good to pass up... (oh did i mention they're stainless ) :flamesuit:

...glad i got them back when they we're going for $350 shipped
Old 05-08-2007, 10:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RrCoX22
i ran these for six months daily driving with sportlines.... never had any problems and i'm sure you wouldn't either.

congrats to XS for becoming a sponsor.... was only a matter of time

A HUGE RECOMMENDATION TO ANYONE WHO IS CONSIDERING THESE HEADERS.... that quaility, price, fitment is just to good to pass up... (oh did i mention they're stainless )

...glad i got them back when they we're going for $350 shipped

+1

I looove mine....especially since I got them for $350 back then My car is slammed and I don't have one scrap on these headers.

I don't have any before dyno's, but My car did pretty on the dyno for the mods in my sig.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

for those who want a catted y, is there going to be an option for this? The ORY in the pic looks really nice, but I def need/want cats.

Will the jet hot catted y still fit these headers?
Old 05-09-2007, 07:03 AM
Banned

No plans at this time to make a catted one. If the jet hots fit the emission one's then they will fit these too.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by black2002ws6
No plans at this time to make a catted one. If the jet hots fit the emission one's then they will fit these too.
Thanks for your quick response, expect a call from me later this summer
Old 05-10-2007, 12:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Honestly, they look like a hamster tube or better yet, SLP Headers!

I've been around these cars for quit some time and after having my previous '99 TA for 5 1/2 years have learned quit a bit. The most simple and oldest saying has always prevailed..."You get what you pay for"

Why waste your money to just then turn around and have to do it all over again. Do it once and do it right the first time!

How could these honestly be anywhere up to par with other HIGH QUALITY headers???
There is NO WAY they could be US made with quality materials and good craftsmanship for a price like that, sorry it's just impossible.

Type/class of metal used, tubing gauge, flanges, etc. etc. ALL come into play here...besides other obvious issues such as fitment/etc.

The cheapo price just isn't worth the hassle...hacking, banging and everything else entailed just to turn around and have to rip them out and finally put something GOOD in

If you look at the big picture, these things wouldn't even hold a candle to a high quality headers such as American Racing Headers or something even close to them

I'm just giving an honest educated opinion. I did it myself for years, changing **** here and there back and forth...do it once and do it right the first time!
Old 05-10-2007, 12:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cobrakillerta

I've been around these cars for quit some time and after having my previous '99 TA for 5 1/2 years have learned quit a bit. The most simple and oldest saying has always prevailed..."You get what you pay for"

Why waste your money to just then turn around and have to do it all over again. Do it once and do it right the first time!

How could these honestly be anywhere up to par with other HIGH QUALITY headers???
There is NO WAY they could be US made with quality materials and good craftsmanship for a price like that, sorry it's just impossible.

Type/class of metal used, tubing gauge, flanges, etc. etc. ALL come into play here...besides other obvious issues such as fitment/etc.

The cheapo price just isn't worth the hassle...hacking, banging and everything else entailed just to turn around and have to rip them out and finally put something GOOD in

If you look at the big picture, these things wouldn't even hold a candle to a high quality headers such as American Racing Headers or something even close to them

I'm just giving an honest educated opinion. I did it myself for years, changing **** here and there back and forth...do it once and do it right the first time!
Another person who is just upset because they payed double the price for brand name headers that are the same quality as these.

They are made in the US. They are Stainless Steel. I have held them in my own hands and installed them on my own car. They flanges are thick, the welds are good quality, and the primaries are thick guage steel. They tucked in perfectly. No notching the k-member, no pulling the starter, no removing the steering linkage. I pulled the dipstick and plug wires and they slid right in.

Don't go off about something that you don't really know about.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
Another person who is just upset because they payed double the price for brand name headers that are the same quality as these.

They are made in the US. They are Stainless Steel. I have held them in my own hands and installed them on my own car. They flanges are thick, the welds are good quality, and the primaries are thick guage steel. They tucked in perfectly. No notching the k-member, no pulling the starter, no removing the steering linkage. I pulled the dipstick and plug wires and they slid right in.

Don't go off about something that you don't really know about.
+1 no one wants to hear the opinion of someone who hasnt even seen or tried these headers......I just find it funny how you think you know so much about this company and there products when you really have never even seen the headers the others cost more b/c of markup not b/c they are better
Old 05-10-2007, 12:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i've seen you post many times and many different boards, and normally, you're not too full of ****, but I'm going to be honest and say you've got no ******* clue about this product...

I got a fuckton more than I paid for with these headers... after reading the stories countless times over and over saying people were notching their k members, taking out their steering, starters, and grinding off that tab... I was more than impressed when I had to do NONE of that to get these headers installed...

like has been mentioned, they're some damn high quality stainless headers, the flanges are beautiful and thick, and impressed even the oldest of welders who I had take a look at them... I've seen Kook's LT's in the 1 7/8 and the welds, tubing and collectors are damn near very similar aside from the primary sizes... believe me when I say this, other companies are going to be given a run for their money especially if there ever is a plan to do a catted y ...

my only gripe about the headers/y pipe is that the y is slightly too long and I didn't get it to mount flush with my intermediate pipe for my GMMG exhaust so I have a slight leak... but I did the install on my own, on my back in an apartment complex parking lot... but even after putting everything together, I'm even more impressed with the headers after I've got them installed and running...

people shouldn't bash these headers, because I thought long and hard about my decision before pulling the trigger... pacesetters vs. the xs? no ******* contest... after seeing the headers and the kooks both in person, I'm glad I made my choice, not to bash Kooks at all, his product is beautifully made, but far out of my price range ... and even I had a hard time believing I bought a quality product for less than half the price with a Y pipe.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:41 PM
TECH Addict

How can you give an educated opinion when you know nothing about the headers besides what youve heard, thats not educated, thats called repeating a rumor.

Those headers are great, welds are great, my fitment was flawless. soo......yea, shutup
Old 05-10-2007, 01:30 PM
Banned

Well cobrakillerta I wont even comment on your post and I wont even ask the mod to delete it because it looks like my customers are speaking for me
Old 05-10-2007, 02:48 PM
TECH Addict

notice how he supports his bank *** American Racing headers in his sig and comment.... just a bitter beer face that he forked out the cash $$$$$$$$ for something that he could have paid a 1/4 for and still got the same product
Old 05-10-2007, 04:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

As mentioned, I've been around a while and as posted by another in this thread normally I'm "not too full of ****".

Better than Pacesetters and others of that quality, ok fine and they probably are. If anything, I'd say they are more of a middle of the road and maybe even better than that being that they are in fact stainless. In the long-run will the materials used for these, etc. etc. hold up? Guess we'll have to wait and see.
BUT, To say that they are up to par with some of the HIGHER quality headers, sorry but no.

I'm more than happy with my header choice, I've had Kooks on my previous '99 and yes there is even a bit of a difference between ARH and Kooks.

Have I held these headers in my own hands? No...but I've seen it and will say it time and time again "You get what you pay for"

Bitter, jealous, etc.? NO WAY I wanted to put the BEST on this car and do everything only once.
If some are happy with these, hey more power to them...they're better than Pacesetters and others on that end, but definetly not one of the best

Old 05-10-2007, 05:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As mentioned, I've been around a while and as posted by another in this thread normally I'm "not too full of ****".

Better than Pacesetters and others of that quality, ok fine and they probably are. If anything, I'd say they are more of a middle of the road and maybe even better than that being that they are in fact stainless. In the long-run will the materials used for these, etc. etc. hold up? Guess we'll have to wait and see.
BUT, To say that they are up to par with some of the HIGHER quality headers, sorry but no.

I'm more than happy with my header choice, I've had Kooks on my previous '99 and yes there is even a bit of a difference between ARH and Kooks.

Have I held these headers in my own hands? No...but I've seen it and will say it time and time again "You get what you pay for"

Bitter, jealous, etc.? NO WAY I wanted to put the BEST on this car and do everything only once.
If some are happy with these, hey more power to them...they're better than Pacesetters and others on that end, but definetly not one of the best

How do you know this? Do you judge it just based on price? If so, you are so fooled. These smoked my Kooks by a long shot. If you knew the actual price to make a header vs. what they sell them for, youd never buy another car part again in your life.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Country Boy
How do you know this? Do you judge it just based on price? If so, you are so fooled. These smoked my Kooks by a long shot. If you knew the actual price to make a header vs. what they sell them for, youd never buy another car part again in your life.
I'd have to agree with that...

and I've seen ARH products first hand as well and wouldn't place them above anybody muchless kooks ... but thats me I guess
Old 05-10-2007, 06:02 PM
Banned

why you smash the y-pipe
Old 05-10-2007, 06:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to interrupt but can you give me the dimensions of the y-pipe. i am thinking of getting the headers but i want to see if any of the pre-made catted y-pipes will fit.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:09 PM
Banned

The Y is flatten out to give more ground clearance.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:10 PM
Banned

I know some people have found a catted Y that fits these headers but I'm not sure which one it is.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:24 PM
Banned

cobrakillerta Just for your info. This is a new company getting into the header market that's why they are priced the way they are they are making no profit right now on these headers. As anyone in business knows it hard to get into a market that's already established. The quality of these headers is better than anything on the market right now. These headers are made out of 321 Stainless were all the others are made out of 304 Stainless. You can do your own search on stainless grades and you will fine out that 304 stainless is just a general stainless used for everything from kitchen sinks to pots and pans but 321 is a better grade of stainless designed for extended high temperatures. It's widely used for aircraft manifolds and jet engine parts.

The price is what is is for now to get them into the market. Once things are going good you can expect them to be priced close to what the others are. Even if they start selling at the same price as the others they are a much better header.

Quick Reply: Stainless Headers and Y-pipe NEW TECH SPONSOR