Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed XS longtubes today..........

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007 | 10:28 PM
TECH Addict

When I was shopping for headers I had narrowed it down to two options.

option 1.QTP HEADERS +Y-pipe+ shipping=$1,200+

option 2.Ebay(XS) Headers+TSP True Duals(free shipping)+shipping on headers=$740

Of course I went with option 2!

What option would you guys have went with?????
Old 06-19-2007 | 06:08 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by BLK02TA
So when are those QTP's going in?!
well, i've hit a roadblock.

i ordered gaskets/O2 extensions/AIR blockoff plates/MSD wires/TR-55's from speed inc. a week and a half ago. they were supposed to ship to me in 2-3 days according to their map, but the order hasn't even shipped yet and i've received no emails or anything from them. i assume some part is on backorder, and i'll give them until the end of the week to send me an email saying my order has shipped before i give them a call. i feel all businesses have things go on backorder every now and then, and i don't exactly need the parts right away, so i feel it's wrong for me to call up and harass them without giving them ample time to ship my stuff. 2 weeks and not even having the order shipped yet is my window - and i think that's pretty damn fair of me.

i gotta run to an exhaust shop and discuss the setup i want before i order any of the parts. i need to get 2 magnaflow 59959 cats, 2 flowmaster one chambers and a flowmaster d-port crossover pipe, but i want to talk it over with my buddy's brother that runs an exhaust shop before i order anything. i went there a week ago to try and talk to him, but he wasn't there and he never called me back

then, once i finally get all the parts, i gotta find some other car to drive to work for a couple days while my car sits at a shop getting TD's put on...

so i still got a long way to go but i promise ample pictures and sound clips. you guys should know i'm good for it
Old 06-19-2007 | 06:11 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by 94'BLKBRD
When I was shopping for headers I had narrowed it down to two options.

option 1.QTP HEADERS +Y-pipe+ shipping=$1,200+

option 2.Ebay(XS) Headers+TSP True Duals(free shipping)+shipping on headers=$740

Of course I went with option 2!

What option would you guys have went with?????
neither. QTP headers and custom TD's yea, you're looking at ~$1,500, but it's a small price to pay for the ultimate, personalized setup. you only live once. i don't want to be on my deathbed one day thinking "damn, i really wish i would have gotten that exhaust setup i really wanted when i was 20. i shoulda spent the extra money." hehe.

whatever makes you happy. you gotta drive the car. you should drive what you love. no one else's opinion matters.
Old 06-19-2007 | 06:48 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
you only live once. i don't want to be on my deathbed one day thinking "damn, i really wish i would have gotten that exhaust setup i really wanted when i was 20. i shoulda spent the extra money."

whatever makes you happy. you gotta drive the car. you should drive what you love. no one else's opinion matters.
that's a profound *** good quote. mind if i steal it and use it in my sig for a while?
Old 06-19-2007 | 07:10 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by Ripper415
that's a profound *** good quote. mind if i steal it and use it in my sig for a while?
i've been in the insightful mood lately. i'm turning 21 soon. i guess that wisdom is kicking in

all my posts are thrown out for the public to see. what's mine is yours. you may take whatever quote you'd like as often as you want.
Old 06-19-2007 | 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

well, i've hit a roadblock.

i ordered gaskets/O2 extensions/AIR blockoff plates/MSD wires/TR-55's from speed inc. a week and a half ago. they were supposed to ship to me in 2-3 days according to their map, but the order hasn't even shipped yet and i've received no emails or anything from them. i assume some part is on backorder, and i'll give them until the end of the week to send me an email saying my order has shipped before i give them a call. i feel all businesses have things go on backorder every now and then, and i don't exactly need the parts right away, so i feel it's wrong for me to call up and harass them without giving them ample time to ship my stuff. 2 weeks and not even having the order shipped yet is my window - and i think that's pretty damn fair of me.

i gotta run to an exhaust shop and discuss the setup i want before i order any of the parts. i need to get 2 magnaflow 59959 cats, 2 flowmaster one chambers and a flowmaster d-port crossover pipe, but i want to talk it over with my buddy's brother that runs an exhaust shop before i order anything. i went there a week ago to try and talk to him, but he wasn't there and he never called me back

then, once i finally get all the parts, i gotta find some other car to drive to work for a couple days while my car sits at a shop getting TD's put on...

so i still got a long way to go but i promise ample pictures and sound clips. you guys should know i'm good for it
Weird I ordered mine on june 11 and got it 3days later. That was 24" extensions.
Old 06-20-2007 | 07:50 AM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by BLK02TA
Weird I ordered mine on june 11 and got it 3days later. That was 24" extensions.
maybe it's the plugs, wires, blockoff plates or gaskets holding me up...still no ship confirmation
Old 06-20-2007 | 05:55 PM
On The Tree

Any input on the least expensive way to use these XS headers with a catted y-pipe setup?
Old 06-21-2007 | 08:50 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by mbrownin
Any input on the least expensive way to use these XS headers with a catted y-pipe setup?
custom y-pipe (who put a damn censor on For The Win??) or you could just weld in bullet style cats (see magnaflow 59959's). that would be easily doable.
Old 06-21-2007 | 11:09 PM
TECH Senior Member
15 Year Member

I was looking at these headers, but I didn't know they don't sell them with EGR and AIR fittings. I would like to keep my gas mileage. I am not worried about emission testing. I guess I could go with an LS6 intake with no EGR with the headers.
Old 06-21-2007 | 11:27 PM
TECH Apprentice
15 Year Member

Running no AIR and no EGR will have no effect on gas mileage. If you don't go with the LS6 intake, I'm pretty sure you can just block it off on the manifold. But you'll want to go with the LS6.
Old 06-22-2007 | 12:13 AM
TECH Regular

i've been in the insightful mood lately. i'm turning 21 soon. i guess that wisdom is kicking in

all my posts are thrown out for the public to see. what's mine is yours. you may take whatever quote you'd like as often as you want.
yup, they dont call them WISDOM teeth for nothing!

ps. i hadda have all 4 of mine removed, it sucked ***
Old 06-22-2007 | 12:14 AM
TECH Senior Member
15 Year Member

When I got this car, I said I wasn't going to mod it. Thats lasted all of three months. I have a third gen that I'm suppose to be working on....

I am thinking about getting these headers because of the price on them. A guy I know just put them on his car. I haven't talked to him to see what he thinks. But for the price, these things look pretty damn good. Especially since most cost double this.

Jason