Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stage 8 Header Bolts...

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 10:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well thats a good enough excuse. if it gives you peave of mind then it was worth the $17 extra. ive been down that peace of mind route already with rod bolts
Old 07-15-2007, 09:34 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tainted
I got mine from Speed inc and im happy with'em. I can get pcis of the clips on my motor if you want but I can't guarentee you it will be today.

The more expensive set has enough bolts for both sides im guessing?

Tainted, I installed pacesetters today and stage 8 lockers, install went great, 0 problems. I have a question about the lockers on the bolts. The seem loose after I put the e-clip on and are able to rattle around. I have the pointed lockers that came with the ls1 stage 8 kit, I have a coupe lockers like yours but I suppose those are for the bolts without a header tube next to them. Is this normal and do they make rattling sounds when the engine is running, I havent started my engine yet, i'm doing a ls6 intake too that I will be wraping up tomarrow.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RacerScott
Tainted, I installed pacesetters today and stage 8 lockers, install went great, 0 problems. I have a question about the lockers on the bolts. The seem loose after I put the e-clip on and are able to rattle around. I have the pointed lockers that came with the ls1 stage 8 kit, I have a coupe lockers like yours but I suppose those are for the bolts without a header tube next to them. Is this normal and do they make rattling sounds when the engine is running, I havent started my engine yet, i'm doing a ls6 intake too that I will be wraping up tomarrow.

yes they have a little bit of room, but if you had no room how would you ever get them off? I guarentee you wont hear them rattle when you get the car running

Quick Reply: Stage 8 Header Bolts...