Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: QTP or ARH headers?
QTP
41.07%
American racing header
55.36%
other (please explain)
3.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

QTP or American racing? help me out guys?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007 | 07:45 PM
Tech Resident

QTP is a better header based on design IMO. They have the best merge collector in the business. Period. No one should argue that. No header should make more horsepower than a QTP. On top of that, their polished look is second to none. Also, for the huge price difference, the choice is clear IMO.

I've never seen a better made header:

Have you?

I should have mine installed within the next two weeks, so I will have a full report written up detailing fitment issues with plenty of pics. I'm just waiting on a set of cats from EAD. They shipped my flowmaster merge and reducer to my door in TWO DAYS! So props to them. I guess the cats are shipping separately, and that's fine with me.

The one thread a forum member had detailing new QTP's as having a weld in the primary and no badges disturbs me indeed. However, I haven't heard of a single other person speaking of this. Maybe it was just a temporary thing that affected very few people?

My recommendation to you is for you to order from a website with no restocking fee that carries both QTP and ARH headers. Buy the QTP's. If you get them and they do not meet your expectations, return them for a set of ARH's. It's that simple.
Old 08-08-2007 | 08:39 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by Grifter
I would think the price difference would make you lean towards ARH. For $130 more you get a header that not one person has had problems with.
Well, in QTP's defense, thousands upon thousands more people have QTP's for their f-body. There are, simply put, going to be more problems out there because they have sold thousands more f-body headers than ARH has. It's only a matter of time until an angry customer comes on here and complains about a bad experience.

Put it this way: if a company has sold 25,000 of a product and 500 people had a bad experience while 24,900 people have had a good experience, does that make them worse than a company where 300 people have their product and 12 people had a bad experience?
Old 08-08-2007 | 09:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Im going to call both companys tommorow and get a quote......this will also be a good test to see how there customer service is.
Old 08-08-2007 | 11:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
Well, in QTP's defense, thousands upon thousands more people have QTP's for their f-body. There are, simply put, going to be more problems out there because they have sold thousands more f-body headers than ARH has. It's only a matter of time until an angry customer comes on here and complains about a bad experience.

Put it this way: if a company has sold 25,000 of a product and 500 people had a bad experience while 24,900 people have had a good experience, does that make them worse than a company where 300 people have their product and 12 people had a bad experience?
Very good point. It's not like you can go wrong with either one, but as of late it seems that ARH is becoming the header to have.
Old 08-09-2007 | 04:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If i would have recieved QTPs that looked close to Chocos i woulda been happier than a pig in crap but i didn't. Now my QTPs might performe just as good i dont know but they sure dont look near as good. Heres my thread on what i recieved just read over it and that should help you make your decision. Alot of good stuff in the thread about QTPs customer service. https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/750907-qtp-confusion.html
Old 08-09-2007 | 06:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think Choco polished his, I don't think that's how he got them.
Old 08-09-2007 | 10:23 AM
8 Second Club

I got mine the same way.
Old 08-09-2007 | 10:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thats why i said my should've looked close to his...meaning i should have got badges and no weld in my primary. I didn't mean mine should have been that shiny. I just wanted the op to know about the QTP design before he ordered. I sure wish i'd know how they was gonna look before i ordered.
Old 08-09-2007 | 10:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Did yours have a weld and badges n20stroker? If not when did you order yours?
Old 08-09-2007 | 10:31 AM
On The Tree

Sounds like QTP 1-3/4" for bigger headers is the best bang for buck like Pacesetter is for smaller headers. I like QTPs info and design and look and plus about half the price of ARH.
Old 08-09-2007 | 11:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

QTP told me, "we didnt have time to put the badges on, so were making this batch of headers this way, as soon as we run out we will make a new batch with the old design"

I guess theyre selling them faster than they could make them so theyre taking some short cuts....but the guy seemed pretty nice to me. He even told me which sponsor sold them the cheapest.
Old 08-09-2007 | 11:55 AM
Tech Resident

The top two pics are polished. The bottom is not.

This is what they looked like out of the box:

Note that the pics were taken indoors with no flash and bad lightning.

QTP's come polished. I just did it a little more because I was bored on a Sunday. It only took about 30 minutes to polish both headers because they were very shiny to being with.
Old 08-09-2007 | 11:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

How big are the collectors on the ARH? The look a like 2 1/2 inch collectors, and the Y merge looks restrictive too or maybe It's just the pictures. They do look nice though.
BTW I love my QTP's, I would just buy QTP, save the money, be happy and, not look back. I almost guarantee you will not gain any power over the QTP's.

Last edited by SmaknaSS; 08-09-2007 at 12:15 PM.
Old 08-09-2007 | 02:50 PM
TECH Resident

If you need 1 7/8" primaries ARH are your only option. I don't thing and remember seeing that QTP was going to go that big. I think I remember reading that because they had the HVMCs on them that they thought the flow was good enough when comparing to going with larger primaries. I can't speak for them, but that's what I remember.

In my experience with QTP the service was pretty good. I was concise and detailed with them and they accommodated me well. I don't remember the details the of the thread above but I'm sure the next batch will turn out just fine.
Old 08-10-2007 | 12:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Made up my mind guys, im going with ARH......I just talked to Nick today and he was extremly helpful, told me all about his company and the way they manufacture there headers. Ill let u know when I get em
Old 08-10-2007 | 05:32 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by GMmexican
Made up my mind guys, im going with ARH......I just talked to Nick today and he was extremly helpful, told me all about his company and the way they manufacture there headers. Ill let u know when I get em
Good choice! I've spoken with Nick myself,like you said, very helpful and such a nice guy, you'll be happy with ARH, post some pics when istall is done
Old 08-10-2007 | 06:06 AM
12 Second Club

QTP, price and merge collector quality and finish have me sold. Not to mention a little added hp and tq.
Old 08-10-2007 | 08:06 AM
On The Tree

My #'s dont lie. The arh's got it done and the customer service was awesome.
Old 10-11-2007 | 02:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

I went with ARH because I haven't heard anything but good things about them. Also I saw they can make a bad *** x-pipe merge and I WANTED IT

I'm gonna cut the Y merge off of their y-pipe and weld on the x-pipe they made me:
Old 10-11-2007 | 03:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just got my ARH's from Mike Norris this week, heard a lot about better fit than the QTP's the welds and finish work are very nice, a well designed merge on the y-pipe. I had them do a 3" extention 12" long on the end of the merge unstead of the 2 3/4 stock merge outlet. didn't charge me extra. Very pleased!