Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Victor Jr EFI vs. Fast 90

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 03:02 AM
Dynojet Fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sciff5
It may be your business but your words hold no water without numbers to back them up.
I dont have to prove ****.... Like I said, you guys do what you want, listen to whomever... Ill go with what works....
Old 08-21-2007, 08:08 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I'll be damned. That ^ was informative. Thanx for sharing.

njc.corp- It would appear that FI on the Jr. does well b/c of the high volume and velocity of the air being introduced into the tract. LOT's of blower guys using it and doing well. As Tony stated, there "may" be some left on the table in that application, but how much hasn't been quantified, and doesn't appear to be missed.

Yes.... big cubes with the right cam spinning above 7500 on NA apps. seems to be working for those guys-

Can't yet comment on N2o apps as I haven't personally tested, but it would seem that there "may" still be the same "type" issues given unequal runner lengths-

sciff5- It didn't go lean on one bank/rich on the other. It was both banks showing rich/lean. 1-2-7-8(outside runners)were VERY rich, 3-4-5-6(inside runners)were VERY lean.

I can't definitivly say whether the carb style TB would help with distribution as I feel it's more to do with runner design.
Again..... air having to make a 90* turn to enter the outside runners can't be efficient when trying to get A/F close in all eight holes.

No doubt the FAST is a better design for power/tq. on the lower rpm motors, but does seem to get lazy above 65-6600rpm which was the reason I tried the swap. Just wanted to carry my peak a bit further....

NOW I'm done!
Old 08-21-2007, 08:51 AM
9 Second Club

An out of the box Jr has very small ports that don't flow well. Port it and it shines. I have no rich/lean problems at all. Not all elbos are created equal either. If your worried about your cowl then stay with the Fast. The wilson elbo and the one I run are excellent. Some others I have seen are not to great. NO ONE should run an out of the box Jr.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:10 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ONEBADWS6
An out of the box Jr has very small ports that don't flow well. Port it and it shines. I have no rich/lean problems at all. Not all elbos are created equal either. If your worried about your cowl then stay with the Fast. The wilson elbo and the one I run are excellent. Some others I have seen are not to great. NO ONE should run an out of the box Jr.

okay-so should i port mine for my turbo application-

very informative-
Old 08-21-2007, 09:44 PM
Teching In

Guys, I read on the perf. truck side that there was quite a difference in low end with the vic jr when speed density is used http://www.tpis.com/plog/index.php?o...Id=14&blogId=1 . Do you think the s/d really makes up for short comings?
Old 08-21-2007, 11:06 PM
Flow Wizard

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 92scsb
Guys, I read on the perf. truck side that there was quite a difference in low end with the vic jr when speed density is used http://www.tpis.com/plog/index.php?o...Id=14&blogId=1 . Do you think the s/d really makes up for short comings?
No way...the right A/F ratio is the right A/F ratio. Both would yield the same results (if optimized) with or without an active MAF in the loop to meter air.

Tony
Old 08-22-2007, 03:34 AM
On The Tree

That was the article I read that made me think the Victor Jr might be a good option for my motor. I chose the manifold primarily for it's looks and for where it located the T/B and air cleaner so I could use the Cobras hood scoop. It's it's nice to know it's not going to hurt my performance.

You guys keep talking about ported Fast or ported Victor Jr but for us guys that just want to buy the manifold off the shelf and bolt it on this is an interesting comparison.

Cheers

Michael
Old 08-22-2007, 08:46 AM
9 Second Club

I would run an LS6 intake before I ran an out of the box Vic Jr. The ports are tiny!!
Old 08-22-2007, 09:48 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by VH5150
actually I have been around for quite some time now, just never signed up...

I might not be an expert, BUT the people who help me with my car ARE. They have way more experience then ron or anyone else who has posted on this thread....INCLUDING TONY MAMO...

see you at the track soon ron.... Ill be sure to call you... Im in florida...

W/E No point arguing over the internet with some smart *** from florida, I have watched this thread and others you post in. You are probably 12, with a model ls1 on your night stand. Have you shown any proof to your claims yet; have I missed it? I dont think I have....
Old 08-22-2007, 05:07 PM
9 Second Club

Tony just let me know!
Old 08-22-2007, 06:50 PM
Dynojet Fan

Originally Posted by BADD SS
W/E No point arguing over the internet with some smart *** from florida, I have watched this thread and others you post in. You are probably 12, with a model ls1 on your night stand. Have you shown any proof to your claims yet; have I missed it? I dont think I have....

yes Im looking at the model as I type this.... I will never post my times or what my setup will be... The correct setup takes time and paitence... some of the info on here is good and 95% is ****.....
Old 08-22-2007, 07:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ONEBADWS6
I would run an LS6 intake before I ran an out of the box Vic Jr. The ports are tiny!!
The testing in that article was done using the GMPP intake which looks almost identicle to the Victor. I had heard the ports on this intake were shorter than the Victor but are they larger in cross sectional area?

When you say the ports are tiny what do you mean? Looking down the port it's a pretty good match for the intake port on the head without any work.

Cheers

Michael
Old 08-22-2007, 07:31 PM
On The Tree

yes Im looking at the model as I type this.... I will never post my times or what my setup will be... The correct setup takes time and paitence... some of the info on here is good and 95% is ****.....
Mate, I've been reading your posts and I've come to the conclusion you're a Troll. You add no value whatsoever here. As far as all your claims that you wont post times etc it brings me in mind of the phrase "Put up or shut up". You have no credibility at all.

Michael
Old 08-22-2007, 11:05 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1 Cobra
The testing in that article was done using the GMPP intake which looks almost identicle to the Victor. I had heard the ports on this intake were shorter than the Victor but are they larger in cross sectional area?

When you say the ports are tiny what do you mean? Looking down the port it's a pretty good match for the intake port on the head without any work.

Cheers

Michael
My Vic Jr is fairly ported and still does not match up to my heads. My runners are 230cc. The manifold is a great starting point, but leaves so much on the table unported. The cross section and taper is way off. A good porter will have between 5-8 hours in a Vic to do it right.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:34 PM
Dynojet Fan

Originally Posted by LS1 Cobra
Mate, I've been reading your posts and I've come to the conclusion you're a Troll. You add no value whatsoever here. As far as all your claims that you wont post times etc it brings me in mind of the phrase "Put up or shut up". You have no credibility at all.

Michael

Im not looking for credibility last time I checked.... I know what works, and what dosent.... for my application.... I wont put up or shut up... No need to...

Who knows maby, just maby, Ill post some specs of the combo for jack off's like you to learn from.... But then again why would I help a loser like you???
Old 08-23-2007, 07:55 PM
11 Second Club

Im not looking for credibility last time I checked.... I know what works, and what dosent.... for my application.... I wont put up or shut up... No need to...

Who knows maby, just maby, Ill post some specs of the combo for jack off's like you to learn from.... But then again why would I help a loser like you???

You're the one being a jack off.. Attacking everyone in the thread isnt helping your case. The goal of everyone in this room is going faster so if you can prove with tangible evidence that your methods = results no one here would have a problem following your advice.. but untill then no one wants to listen to a bag of hot air
Old 08-23-2007, 07:59 PM
9 Second Club

So far Looks like Mamo will do the Fast and Im going to work with LME to do the vic jr. Still getting everything organized.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:09 PM
Dynojet Fan

Originally Posted by sciff5
You're the one being a jack off.. Attacking everyone in the thread isnt helping your case. The goal of everyone in this room is going faster so if you can prove with tangible evidence that your methods = results no one here would have a problem following your advice.. but untill then no one wants to listen to a bag of hot air
1st of all I can voice my opinion all I want... All I said is that the fast intake isnt the **** like everyone thinks it is... Call wilson and they will give you the scoop as well, after all it has their name on it.... Ask them what they designed the intake for, and you will get youre answers...

I dont care if people dont like my methods, Like I said I know what will work in my application... As long as I know it works, its all that matters...Ill do my testing at the track, while you do it on a dyno....
Old 08-23-2007, 08:09 PM
On The Tree

Then why the F*ck are you here?

Oohh... Maybe you'll post some specs. I can't stand it, The suspense is killing me.

I honestly couldn't give a **** if you did post specs as your advice wouldn't be worth listening to.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:13 PM
Dynojet Fan

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
So far Looks like Mamo will do the Fast and Im going to work with LME to do the vic jr. Still getting everything organized.
cool, way to get it done... Do me a favor, please test both intakes at the track as well.....

I know 95% of people want to see a dyno sheet, BUT I want to see ET & MPH #'s thanks......

Quick Reply: Victor Jr EFI vs. Fast 90