Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: For performance, which one: Free Ram Air Mod or Seal Airbox to Hood?
Free Ram Air Mod
57.14%
Seal Airbox to Hood
42.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Free Ram Air Mod??

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 12:12 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i gained 21 hp/25 tq at wheels all from free mods/ lid/filter i did the ram air free mod on my car.....it flows...if i did it over spl makes a kit that goes in front of the radiator....just cause its chopped up now....but who gives a **** its under the air filter
Old 10-05-2007, 11:39 PM
TECH Addict

Any updates on the hood sealings? I'd like to try this soon. My SLP lower intake is just not making me happy. The average run temps went up, average IAT went up. They skyrocket in traffic too.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

well, i finally got around to sealing mine. it looks really good, i need to post some pics. i ordered 2 of the bgra gaskets but only needed one. 2 of them is too thick. i placed some 5/16" adhesive weatherstripping (i believe that's the size, i need to double check) against the hard plastic side of the bgra gasket and it seals up perfectly!!! i then put some screws through all of this to hold it on. i'll get some pics up this weekend....performance wise, hard to tell cause i just installed headers, etc. and got a tune, but it's definitely sucking the cooler air from outside through the nostrils. sounds pretty wicked...
Old 10-06-2007, 10:36 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the BGRA system on my car. Excellant product, it's a shame it's not made anymore. Before I bought it I pulled both baffles out of the hood, sealed the airbox to the hood and went to the track. Tried it with the seal and w/o on several back to back runs. Without the seal the car consistently went .10 and 1 mph slower. So that proved it worked, but I was concerned about ingesting rain in a downpour. With the baffles out and seal in place I had my wife hold the rpms at 2500 while I took a hose and shot water into the nostrils, then check the air filter to see how wet it was. I kept giving it more water for longer times until I got to the point of a direct spray for several minutes. That finally produced a slight mist on the filter. Obviously the water was draining out of the drain holes in the hood. The BGRA plugs all those holes so his kit gives you a rain baffle. I find it easier to just remove 2 of those plugs than to put the rain baffle in.When I go to the the track I put those plugs back in for a total seal.

Bottom line is pull out both baffles, seal the airbox, leave one or two drain holes open and you have a safe, results producing cold air system.

Quick Reply: Free Ram Air Mod??