Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tired of Being Slow...FINALLY All Systems Go!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 10:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
I couldn't. That would require taking a day off from work, and it was my last week of work. Couldn't do it. Believe me, I considered it. I would have NEVER went all the way to Trenton for a y-pipe. I would have had to go TD's, and that may have taken a few days with the header install. Unless I'm taking 2 days off from work and sleeping in my car, nope And I'm sure Mufflex would have cost A LOT of money, especially for the header install. I doubt they would have done it for $300 flat.
I totally see where you're coming from. I'm lucky enough to have them about 30 minutes from me, so it was a no brainer.

I have no idea how much they would charge for a header install and custom TD's, but did you ever call them to get a quote? They're prices seem very reasonable to me. Did you buy your Corsa new? I got my whole header back system built and installed for about the price of that catback new, and it probably fits better then anything I could of gotten.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:21 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I didn't even bother calling them. Taking a day off from work to do it would cost me an additional $140, not to mention the 2 hour drive and I can GUARANTEE they'll charge more than $600 for a header install and a custom y-pipe. Not worth it at this stage in the game.

The Corsa came on the car when I bought it, so I figured I'd hang onto it for a while.
Originally Posted by ssgunny
If I have not purchased one by then I want first dibs on your Corsa catback when you go TD's!
I've gotten a lot of PM's for it just bringing up the option of TD's.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:24 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ErikElvis
You've said before you have all this money that you dont want to waste on mods for your car. So why didnt you use a little of it and make sure it was done how you want. That completely welded exhaust would be a complete hassle if you ever decide to mess with the car yourself. Dont be afraid of good band clamps. And it you ever did swap heads youd have to deal with those headers being in the way or chopping the exhaust to get em out of the way. Chop the whole damn thing off and get TD's....
Umm...I had no idea he was going to weld it. He kinda just did it. I didn't ask him to do it.

As for "all this money" I'm supposed to have, I don't know what that is, but I can tell you I have $15,000 going into tuition this year, and that leaves me with exactly jack **** to dump into my car.

Quick Reply: Tired of Being Slow...FINALLY All Systems Go!