Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

loss of power after header install.........

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 08:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

fixed the banging exhaust you guys with the heater hose ideas are clever *******!!!!!!!!!lol hell all i hear know is my borla!!!!!!! oh my car is 01 Z28 A4 Pacesetter headers,off road y pipe and borla cat back....with that diablo tuning that comes with the predator......anybody know what numbers it should put down on the dyno? thanx for the advice saved me some trouble......... alls i need know is to find out why im not putting out all my power.........
Old 12-15-2007, 08:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

true duals with a x pipe, still have banging problem?
Old 12-15-2007, 09:27 PM
Teching In

As i was noticing on my car the AIR pump is still hooked up? is it supposed to be i dont have cats..... oh and my headers came with emissions provisions and i noticed its got one of those AIR provisions isnt plugged in? could that be causing a leak? making me loose power?
Old 12-15-2007, 11:20 PM
Launching!

off topic but what the hell is the heater hose mod u speak of
Old 12-16-2007, 10:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by griever
As i was noticing on my car the AIR pump is still hooked up? is it supposed to be i dont have cats..... oh and my headers came with emissions provisions and i noticed its got one of those AIR provisions isnt plugged in? could that be causing a leak? making me loose power?
Emissions headers have the EGR port and the AIR ports. You either connect everything back up like stock, or put block off plates. The 01-02 cars did not have EGR so you would need to block off the EGR port on the header. The AIR is primarily there to help heat up the converters to start working sooner. Without converters, you don't really need the AIR.

And yes, if your headers have an EGR port that you did not block off, it will be a huge exhaust leak that can mess up flow and throw off the O2 sensor on that side. You can make a block off plate from any kind of metal you have laying around or go to the hardware store and find something thick enough.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ramairracer
off topic but what the hell is the heater hose mod u speak of
sticking a piece of heater hose between the floor of your car and the exhaust to keep it from banging...
Old 12-16-2007, 09:13 PM
Teching In

so thats what could be throwing my power down? not blocking off the that egr crap!!! yes am i right cuz i already ordered the block off plate.........
Old 12-16-2007, 10:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

so thats what could be throwing my power down? not blocking off the that egr crap!!! yes am i right cuz i already ordered the block off plate.........
if you have a gaping hole coming out of one of your primaries I'd say that's a reasonable guess to say that's where you're losing power.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

no one answered my question *cry*
Old 12-17-2007, 05:21 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

fixed the banging exhaust you guys with the heater hose ideas are clever *******!!!!!!!!!lol hell all i hear know is my borla!!!!!!! oh my car is 01 Z28 A4 Pacesetter headers,off road y pipe and borla cat back....with that diablo tuning that comes with the predator......anybody know what numbers it should put down on the dyno? thanx for the advice saved me some trouble......... alls i need know is to find out why im not putting out all my power.........
Your not putting out any power because you have a vagina's tuning device. Get a pcm tune. Diablo goes on ebay.

Quick Reply: loss of power after header install.........