Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dual in/Dual out muffler

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 12:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dual in/Dual out muffler

How many people are using one of these on their tru dual setup. I was looking into a tru dual setup and was looking at one of these mufflers the magnaflow specifically instead of buying the x-pipe and then 2 mufflers. Why not one of these instead? So has anybody done it or seen it done and if so what do you think and or recommend?
Old 12-13-2007, 12:45 PM
TECH Regular

never even thought about that!! try it and let us know how it goes
Old 12-13-2007, 06:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what I have read I think the Bassini true dual system is like that although they do run and X also. I am not so sure if you would benefit from any scaveging (sp?) effect with just using the muffler instead of the X or H pipe config.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ssgunny
From what I have read I think the Bassini true dual system is like that although they do run and X also. I am not so sure if you would benefit from any scaveging (sp?) effect with just using the muffler instead of the X or H pipe config.
The muffler has the x inside of it. I can't find a pic right now but its more less a x-pipe but a preforated core with packing around it, if that makes any sense. It would definately be more cost effective not to mention it would save space as well. I just wonder what it would sound like.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Nobody is running a dual in dual out muffler on here?
I find that hard to believe.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rocksws6
The muffler has the x inside of it. I can't find a pic right now but its more less a x-pipe but a preforated core with packing around it, if that makes any sense. It would definately be more cost effective not to mention it would save space as well. I just wonder what it would sound like.
It sounds interesting and this is the first time I have heard of it. If it works as well and sounds good it would save on the fabrication costs of putting an X or H in the system.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:37 AM
TECH Junkie

i've seen it on somones car, i think it was a track car...had dumps right after the muffler.

my concern would be clearance. how thick is the muffler. much more than 4" and you'll lose alot of clearance.

not a big deal on a track car, but for the street it'd be bad.

other thing is whether having the X pipe farther back helps as much as it would up front. i've always heard there is power to be made by experimenting with crossover location.
don't know how true that is.
Old 12-15-2007, 12:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't think clearence would be much worse than the bullets with dumps. I'm sure there may be a hp here and there to be gained with crossover location but I don't think the headache would be worth the gain. I'm going to try this setup. If clearence becomes a issue I will put it where the stocker goes otherwise it will stop at the axle. But I think this will be a great idea and I don't see any flaws with it besides clearence maybe. Wish me luck.