Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ported TB gains & where to send it?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 04:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exclamation

IF YOUR NOT A SPONSOR, DO NOT SOLICIT BUSINESS HERE.
Old 12-31-2007, 10:41 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can you give pics of work and pricing with all mods done?
Old 12-31-2007, 02:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WILWAXU
IF YOUR NOT A SPONSOR, DO NOT SOLICIT BUSINESS HERE.
Well that doesnt seem right. If some one is just letting people know that they have done this type of work in the past, and we (the member) choose to talk to them in PM's or email about the work they have done, and or choose to have them do some work, whats the harm?
Now I know why I havent come much to this site or another one out there and stuck mostly with LS1GTO.com. Way to strick on some of the rules and not stricked enough on others.

Last edited by 1st5.7GTO; 12-31-2007 at 02:58 PM.
Old 01-01-2008, 04:09 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1st5.7GTO
Well that doesnt seem right. If some one is just letting people know that they have done this type of work in the past, and we (the member) choose to talk to them in PM's or email about the work they have done, and or choose to have them do some work, whats the harm?
Now I know why I havent come much to this site or another one out there and stuck mostly with LS1GTO.com. Way to strick on some of the rules and not stricked enough on others.
The harm is that the people who pay for this site to even exist can get upset that people leech business. This website is a business, and we are bound to uphold what we claimed to provide to the sponsors, a viable place to advertise on and solicit business.

Chevrolet would be pissed if I put an advertisement on the corner of their billboard on the highway.

We have a constant battle against people doing back door sales. They are taking money right out of the pockets of our paying sponsors.
Old 01-01-2008, 05:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
The harm is that the people who pay for this site to even exist can get upset that people leech business. This website is a business, and we are bound to uphold what we claimed to provide to the sponsors, a viable place to advertise on and solicit business.

Chevrolet would be pissed if I put an advertisement on the corner of their billboard on the highway.

We have a constant battle against people doing back door sales. They are taking money right out of the pockets of our paying sponsors.
Well i can tell you this, that if a member can provide the same quality of work and customer service and Pm's about there work or I them and they are less expensive or like in this case can do a core exchange (which is what I need since my GTO is a daily driver and cant have down time) and a sponsor cant offer this service, then Im gonna go with the member and be more than happy to point others in there direction. Now I do agree with your point and have with all my cars ordered parts from the sponsors, but if they can give me what I want and someone else can thenIm going with them, Period!

Last edited by 1st5.7GTO; 01-02-2008 at 05:42 AM.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:15 PM
11 Second Club

What sponsors besides New Era even do porting anyway?
Old 01-02-2008, 05:41 AM
Teching In

I did a little checking and only found New Era. But they dont offer a core exchange. Which means my goat would be down for a week or so. And I cant have that. Now if a member offers me a the same quality work and a core exchange so that I have no down time and it is all hashed out thru PM's, emails, or over the phone, I will go with them.
For the most part I will order my mod's from the sponsors, but if they dont have what I want, I will find it some where.

Last edited by 1st5.7GTO; 01-03-2008 at 04:31 PM.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:24 PM
TECH Resident

APEXIII is porting my tb now! from the pics he looks like he does great work
Old 01-03-2008, 04:30 PM
Teching In

Im having Bad Blue do one for me, Looking forward to receiving it.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:46 PM
11 Second Club

If any of you guys dyno after, post your gains!
Old 01-03-2008, 08:04 PM
Teching In

I doubt Ill get to a dyno any time soon. Ill know though by how the car drives and responds if it realy works. I am positive it will improve the performance. This the one mod I forgot to do to my 06 gto before I traded it in, I guess that isa good thing. Less money waisted.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:14 PM
Teching In

Well got my P&P TB from "Bad Blue WS6" today and all I can say is WOW!!!. Looks great.
I will be installing it tomarrow. So along with it and now tuning my GTO with my Predator Im looking forward to the new SOTP performance increase.
Thanks Bad Blue for a A+ peice of work.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:57 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SSNISTR
I think I'm gonna do a ported TB soon. With Bo White out of the game, where should I send it? Who is not overpriced? Also will I need to retune at all after or no? Finally, what can I expect gain wise? I will be doing the TB bypass mod too. Maybe 5-6 RWHP?
whoa, bo isnt porting anymore? i haven't been on here as much as i'd like in the last few months and i mustve missed that. good thing i got one of his on my car. hmmm, i wonder if it's gonna be a collectors peice someday. i could auction it off barret jackson style haha
Old 01-28-2008, 12:03 AM
TECH Addict

LS1Tech 10 Year

Thats correct, Im retired. Ive gone to live with Elvis and Bigfoot in Atlantis. The only way back and forth is by UFO which gets old after a while with all the probing and testing they do as a fee
Old 01-28-2008, 06:11 PM
TECH Regular

what is Jeremy Formato's user name?

thanks
tony

Quick Reply: Ported TB gains & where to send it?