Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mountint catch can with an egr valve.give me some idea's

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 07:22 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question mountint catch can with an egr valve.give me some idea's

hey guys i need to get a catch can but i still have the egr system on my car so im kind of lost on where to mount it. ill probly get it from thunder racing or ws6 store.heres a pic
Attached Thumbnails mountint catch can with an egr valve.give me some idea's-catchcan.jpg  
Old 12-14-2007, 07:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i have the same can. when i still had my egr i placed the can in between the egr valve and the pully, the can weighs enough that it never moved. you could vip tie it to the egr valve as a temp fix
Attached Thumbnails mountint catch can with an egr valve.give me some idea's-photo-0062a.jpg  
Old 12-16-2007, 01:26 PM
12 Second Club

any other idea's?
Old 12-16-2007, 03:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Hi Shaun,

I still have the EGR on my Z.
This is what I did; Remove the passenger side head light you'll see two mount bolts on the right side down towards the bottom(in front of the horns). Remove the top nut and slide the mount bracket on and snug it up.
Adjust Catch-can mount so the drain is about 1/2" above plastic cover at the bottom and the fitting are at about 10 O - clock. Buy youself about 8' of 3/8" fuel/oil hose and some flex-loom, if you're worried about the hose rubbing any where. I routed my hoses up around the left side of the battery.The one going to intake is almost a straight shot in between the the head and EGR.
The other one go straight along the front of the battery and up along the radiator(wire tie it to the small coolant return line) then follow the upper radiator hose intake to the PCV.(wire tie it around where the radiator hose clamp is. Once you have everything where you want ,it go under the car and make about a 1'" hole directly under the catch-can drain. Put it all back together and you're done!

Happy Holidays and Merry X-mas!

Quick Reply: mountint catch can with an egr valve.give me some idea's