Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just installed Pacesetters+ORY+TSP rumbler..quick question??

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 08:45 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just installed Pacesetters+ORY+TSP rumbler..quick question??

Hey everybody..alright well last weekend i installed my cam..and this saturday i put my pacesetters, TSP ORY, and the TSP rumbler on my car..first off let me say that i absolutely love the way the car sounds..it sounds mean as hell..i do have some questions about it..Okay well i have no ground clearance at all...i'm not sure if i have something installed wrong possibly or not? its pretty straight forward and can only go one way..but it seems like i dont have any ground clearance..also there is a crossmember that bolts to the floorboard that is held on with 4 bolts..The exhaust hangs so low that i cant put this crossmember on..Am i suppost to leave this off the car? Okay and my last question is when i put the car in reverse i can hear a thud and a slight rattle...i'm assuming that its my exhaust hitting the K-member or floorboard?..does anyone have any suggestions on how i can correct this? I've never had longtubes or anything before on a car so i dont know if this is just normal stuff that i have to live with..Im gonna have some sound clips in a few days if anyone is interested in how this setup sounds..Alright well thanks for any help/suggestions..

-Travis
Old 12-24-2007, 08:56 AM
TECH Resident

is your car lowered? and did you put in prothane engine mounts when the headers were off? check your y-pipe to see if you have it fully seated, could be loose and banging against the floorboard..
Old 12-24-2007, 06:05 PM
TECH Regular

nope..stock ride height..and no i didnt change the motor mounts when the headers were off..i wish i would have tho..
Old 12-25-2007, 05:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

this is what mine looks like with a pacesetter ORY and stock height

Old 12-25-2007, 09:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My stupid friends put a set of pacesetters on a V6 LS1 swap, and said they had to beat the **** out of the headers because the steering knuckle, They said in order to get the steering knuckle back on they had to hit the headers. They told me not to get pacesetters. I thought those were the ones i would want cuz there cheapand fit good. thanks.
Old 12-25-2007, 09:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pitbull14218
My stupid friends put a set of pacesetters on a V6 LS1 swap, and said they had to beat the **** out of the headers because the steering knuckle, They said in order to get the steering knuckle back on they had to hit the headers. They told me not to get pacesetters. I thought those were the ones i would want cuz there cheapand fit good. thanks.
no fit problems here, didnt have to clearance the knuckle to get mine in
Old 12-25-2007, 10:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

sorry to take over the topic, I thought all the headers and y pipes have decent clearance. I dont really no but the pic up there shows there should be.
Old 12-25-2007, 10:11 AM
Launching!

I didn't have any problems when i installed mine either. My Ory does rattle and bang against the floor board though. Now i have a heat shield that is loose or something so now that makes a little noise to. As far as the headers go i have no problems although the ory could be a little nicer. But as the cross member and you clearance issues go i would just look everything over again. Chances are you probably made a small mistake and can easily correct it. It happens to all of us. Good luck.
Old 12-25-2007, 10:32 AM
TECH Regular

hey man...i did have to take the steering knuckle off to get the drivers side on...i may have been able to get it on without taking it off..but it took like 5 minutes to take the steering knuckle off..and than the header went right in with no problems, and the knuckle went right back on with no problems..the install was actually way simpler than a lot of people made it out to sound..But as far as my ground clearance..its pretty much non existant anymore..haha...i have way less than that guy who posted the picture..i'll double check everything and see if im missing something obvious, if i cant figure it out i guess i'll call TSP and ask them about that crossmember and stuff that i cant get on, and see if they have any suggestions. Other than that tho..i really love the way the car sounds..and for the price i cant complain at all..

Last edited by Travis99LS1; 12-25-2007 at 10:39 AM.
Old 12-25-2007, 10:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Travis99LS1
hey man...i did have to take the steering knuckle off to get the drivers side on...i may have been able to get it on without taking it off..but it took like 5 minutes to take the steering knuckle off..and than the header went right in with no problems, and the knuckle went right back on with no problems..the intall was actually way simpler than a lot of people made it out to sound. No lie, with the help of a freind it probably took about an hour and half and we had the old manifolds off and the new ones on..But as far as my ground clearance..its pretty much non existant anymore..haha...i have wayyy less than that guy who posted the picture..i guess i'll call TSP and ask them about that crossmember and stuff that i cant get on, and see if they have any suggestions. Other than that tho..i really love the way the sounds..and for the price i cant complain at all..
not trying to insult your intelligence here but, is there any way that you possibly didnt push the y-pipe in all they way thats the only thing i can think of that may be the issue. Is it possible for you to post a pic??
Old 12-25-2007, 10:47 AM
TECH Regular

hey man..i thought i had everything pushed in all the way..but like i said i'll double check everthing just to make sure..This was the first time i've ever installed LT's on a car..So its very possible that i'm missing something..I really appreciate the suggetions..if you guys can think of anything else i'm open to all suggestions since i dont have much experience with this kind of stuff yet. I will try and get some pictures in the next few days when i get some sound clips..i'll post them up whenever i get the chance..thanks again for help.

-Travis
Old 12-25-2007, 10:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Travis99LS1
hey man..i thought i had everything pushed in all the way..but like i said i'll double check everthing just to make sure..This was the first time i've ever installed LT's on a car..So its very possible that i'm missing something..I really appreciate the suggetions..if you guys can think of anything else i'm open to all suggestions since i dont have much experience with this kind of stuff yet. I will try and get some pictures in the next few days when i get some sound clips..i'll post them up whenever i get the chance..thanks again for help.

-Travis
can you snap a quick pic?
Old 12-25-2007, 10:56 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by g-ryde1
can you snap a quick pic?
Hey, sorry man..I'm up at my parents house for christmas..so i dont have my camera with me..whenever i get back to my place i'll get some pictures tho.