Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edelbrock Headers

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 08:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Asmodeus
Also, ceramic coated headers will make less power because they lock heat in the exhaust. This tends to cause detonation and the car can't take as much ignition timing.
100 % INCORRECT.
Old 12-31-2007, 08:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Asmodeus
More exhaust pressure does not equal more power. Quit being brainwashed. The only area where this even helps is a turbo application, for faster spool. Velocity without more flow = resistance. You have less gas taking up more space in the same confined non-changing area. You are causing resistance in the primaries. That heat is going to back up. In a turbo application, you don't have to worry about it because you have such a high positive manifold pressure. To answer your question, YES I would rather have the heat dissapate into my engine bay through non-coated stainless headers.
NOPE. For gods sake..please talk to KOOKS,SLP,QTP,EDELBROCK..ETC...

Last edited by NHRAMAN; 12-31-2007 at 08:07 PM.
Old 01-01-2008, 04:14 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NHRAMAN
NOPE. For gods sake..please talk to KOOKS,SLP,QTP,EDELBROCK..ETC...
What do I know anyways right? I guess this will just be a topic of debate. Ask Eric at HPE what he thinks he'll say one thing, ask someone else, they say another, and chances are both have dyno'd a lot of cars. I'm siding with Eric on this one because his theories make sense, and he has seen ceramic coated headers make less power on the dyno, I pulled most of my examples from his words.

I would NEVER run ceramic coated in an NA application, PERIOD.. but I guess that's just me.

We can argue about this, but I've given reasons why I believe ceramic coated is bad, and all anyone else has said is I'm wrong, without saying why. Why is that? fooled by the masses? no thoughts of your own?
Old 01-01-2008, 05:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NHRAMAN
100 % INCORRECT.
Agreed.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:23 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ceramic coated headers don't make less power because they hold in heat... That's the only positive they have going for them. Ceramic coated headers usually make less power because they're typically made cheaply and the design is therefore not good. The companies with stainless headers - Kooks, QTP, ARH - they make more power because they have more R&D dumped into the design. They're also typically longer. My QTP's are super-long. I believe they're the longest LT on the market AND are equal length (which is why they are usually a tad trickier to install), plus they have awesome collectors, so you can't compare them to a Pacesetter. They'll make a lot more power in every case...but not because Pacesetters hold in more heat.