Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is TSP in a meltdown?????

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 01:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is TSP in a meltdown?????

I called last week for information on the new 100mm MAF that is being touted on this site, Jason seems to be the only one that knows anything about it and he is out of the shop until this week. I called back yesterday and talked to Jon who has zero info. Jon puts me on hold for 25 minutes, he claims Jason is there and will eventually speak to me, never happens. I call back and am told Jason will positively call me back. Total bull ****.

I repeatedly call back today, all mail boxes are full. How can anyone run a business like this????? I've heard about these problems in the past but never thought too much about them since they didn't affect me.

All I wanted was to find out about price and availibility, and ask a few technical questions relating to my 408, too difficult I guess.

Lingenfelter and others have these MAF's readily available, but I liked the look of the TSP one to match my NW TB. If TSP is too busy to answer the phone, then maybe I shouldn't order from them if their customer service is this bad before I even place the order.

Am I the only one to have issues in contacting TSP?????????????????
Old 12-28-2007, 02:00 PM
TECH Resident

maybe they are just busy for the holiday season man
Old 12-28-2007, 02:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

its christmas dude, people spend time with family cut them some slack
Old 12-28-2007, 02:04 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry I've been hard to get in contact with this week, we're very very short staffed because most of my guys wanted to spend this week at home with their families. Just like Jon had talked to you, we're still 2 weeks out on the final version of the 100mm maf. I appologize for the wait, but currently we have so much going on that I just haven't been able to spend the time finalizing the tune like I had hoped...

Thanks

Jason
Originally Posted by bigdsz
I called last week for information on the new 100mm MAF that is being touted on this site, Jason seems to be the only one that knows anything about it and he is out of the shop until this week. I called back yesterday and talked to Jon who has zero info. Jon puts me on hold for 25 minutes, he claims Jason is there and will eventually speak to me, never happens. I call back and am told Jason will positively call me back. Total bull ****.

I repeatedly call back today, all mail boxes are full. How can anyone run a business like this????? I've heard about these problems in the past but never thought too much about them since they didn't affect me.

All I wanted was to find out about price and availibility, and ask a few technical questions relating to my 408, too difficult I guess.

Lingenfelter and others have these MAF's readily available, but I liked the look of the TSP one to match my NW TB. If TSP is too busy to answer the phone, then maybe I shouldn't order from them if their customer service is this bad before I even place the order.

404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com
Old 12-28-2007, 03:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Jason, thanks for the reply, however, as has been asked a number of times on the thread, what about pricing??? If the price point is $300 then there is no incentive for me to keep my car down for another few weeks.

It was my understanding the housings were to be in your shop this week for shipment early next week. Assuming you're using the Hitachi MAF insert, tables shouldn't be an issue.
Old 12-28-2007, 04:42 PM
12 Second Club

they have some great products. but they lost my busines twice when I tried to email and call about a few things. I still plan on buying a motor from them since its affordable and they are very stand up, I just think they rely toomuch on their website for sales. just stick a kid on the phones to take orders and answer general questions for 7.50/hour
Old 12-28-2007, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Hennytime
they have some great products. but they lost my busines twice when I tried to email and call about a few things. I still plan on buying a motor from them since its affordable and they are very stand up, I just think they rely toomuch on their website for sales. just stick a kid on the phones to take orders and answer general questions for 7.50/hour
haha let that be me, im going to texas tech in lubbock next fall and ill need a job
Old 12-28-2007, 05:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ive ordered many things from TSP. I dont like ordering online, so I call every time.

Never have I once had a problem.

I in fact just called TSP a few weeks ago regarding a build. Not only did I get handed directly to Jason when I asked, but he took the time to go over my entire build with me on the phone and make me an estimate with out even asking if I was considering committing any money toward the build any time soon.

I personally think it's very selfish to post up a thread bashing on their customer service during the holiday season. I got parts from tsp for christmas, and i'm assuming many many other people did also. That, coupled with the fact that even Jason says he was under staffed makes it easy to understand their lag, or ANY retail company for that matter. This is common sense, not rocket science.
Old 12-28-2007, 06:15 PM
10 Second Club

dude, chill the hell out. untill you go to tsp and meet jason and trevor and jon and all the guys in person and see how good they take care of people you cant bad mouth them. THey are a top notch group of guys. Its the holiday season and buisnesses are always backed up this time of year.
Old 12-28-2007, 06:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Yea, bigdsz cut them some slack. Picture this scenario: Your running late to work. It's 7:45 AM and you are pissed because you were supposed to be out of the house at 7:30. Meanwhile, your toast is burning up in the toaster, your alarm is going off, you jus' noticed your dog took a leak on the kitchen floor and then, all of a sudden, your little son/daughter comes up and asks you, "Where do babies come from?"

I don't know what happened on that day they called but I don't think it called for this thread to be opened.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jermzz
Ive ordered many things from TSP. I dont like ordering online, so I call every time.

Never have I once had a problem.

I in fact just called TSP a few weeks ago regarding a build. Not only did I get handed directly to Jason when I asked, but he took the time to go over my entire build with me on the phone and make me an estimate with out even asking if I was considering committing any money toward the build any time soon.

I personally think it's very selfish to post up a thread bashing on their customer service during the holiday season. I got parts from tsp for christmas, and i'm assuming many many other people did also. That, coupled with the fact that even Jason says he was under staffed makes it easy to understand their lag, or ANY retail company for that matter. This is common sense, not rocket science.
its just a bad time of year to expect them to have 1 min waiting times on the phone. I have ordered a few of my parts through TSP and never had an issue, i talked to one of them on the phone about heads and he was alot of help. Besides the MAF isnt even out yet.....
Old 12-28-2007, 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry but I stand by my comments. I stayed at home all yesterday afternoon waiting for Jason to call and he never did. I always favor this sites sponsors when possible, but even with Jason's comments on this thread, I still don't have price and availibility.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:18 PM
10 Second Club

just wait in talking to john its going to be a bad ****
Old 12-28-2007, 11:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry but I stand by my comments. I stayed at home all yesterday afternoon waiting for Jason to call and he never did. I always favor this sites sponsors when possible, but even with Jason's comments on this thread, I still don't have price and availibility.
he told you availability was a few weeks out still... if you've got your panties in such a twist, stop harassing them and go with another company that already has one...

I wouldn't expect somebody to get back to me if I kept calling constantly over the course of a day or two... I mean ****, if he's short staffed, and they're running two or three guys in the shop they're ALL going to be burnt the **** out and stressed to the max to keep up with the workload.

He's not going to put a product out on the market until he knows for sure it's going to work... you rush him into it, he'll give you something HE'S not happy with, and then all we get on here is another douchebag thread saying something about how it wasn't what you expected, it was wrong, yadda yadda yadda...

I'm sure nobody wants that.
so take a ******* chill pill.

Anybody tries to rush me in my business, they'll get a sub-par product and everyone has to deal with even more bullshit.

why put that on yourself or anyone else?
Old 12-28-2007, 11:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

You're starting to get on my nerves with all the whining and I'm not even developing 100mm MAFs
Old 12-28-2007, 11:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I suppose you don't have a cell # you could have gave them? Even if you have had problems with their customer service this is hardly the section for it there is a sponser feeback section where this should have been posted especially as it seems the sole purpose of the thread is to bash on them. Its the Holidays, he was understaffed, I suppose you've never been too busy to take care of something right away. Lighten up man. I think this thread should be locked, moved, or deleted.
Old 12-29-2007, 12:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm done venting after this post, but FWIW I called Geoff one of the owners of Thunder Racing yesterday morning also, guess what, I got him on the second ring. That's the point.
Old 12-29-2007, 12:46 AM
TECH Addict

I personally have gone to TSP to get a flash on my friends PCM for his MS4. When I first went in EVERYONE was running around answering phones, it was a busy to say the least. I approached the desk and told them what I needed and very quickly they put me with Jason who does the tuning. He asked me what the car had done and I told him and he set the tune up and put it to load. He then chatted with me for a bit but went back to work to talk to customer's on phones. I didn't mind...I mean when your busy your busy. As I looked around the shop those phones were ringing non stop, I mean like constantly ringing from every office, desk, people's waists, I mean everywhere! And as I said everyone was talking to somebody on the phone. Ridiculously busy if you ask me! Keep in mind this was back in May so it wasn't even the holidays. I don't want to imagine what it's like now.
Old 12-29-2007, 12:50 AM
10 Second Club

oh good god could you possibly cry anymore. Everyone knows this time of year especially being shorthanded and not to mention the product isnt even being produced yet DUMBASS! that stuff is delayed. Grow up and shut up!
Old 12-29-2007, 09:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Then go order it from lingenfelter, talk about a

+1 for TSP