Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

900 whp is it possible?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 06:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys forgot meth!

More than you took when you came up with the idea of 900whp on the stock bottom end.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:29 PM
On The Tree

Ok,

Stock end at 900whp is no no. Not even at 600, unless you donT' mind spending money changing the gears often.

900whp is doable in many ways, without NOS. Myself, I'd go with a 383 setup, forged setup of course, and prolly at TT (small/big) setup, as the 383 will give you a good 500 bwhp tuned properly with a good cam, enough to launch you at a good start, the the turbos will give you the punch you want over 3000rpm. Adding ontop of the 383, TT setup, you'll need intercoolers and pipings, new fuel pump, new injectors, new cam as i'd suggest having the whole intake setup as well (CAI, below, MAF, 90mm TB, a new Intake and the whole exhaust system) in order to give that engine some breath, cause it'll need it.

On top of that, a pro Tune up.

900whp isn't just about the engine though, you have to get a new rear end as said, i'd advise some new poly bushings, lowered suspension with a decent shock/spring ratio, cause if you wanna speed on the highway, you'll want that if you don't want to go airborne at over 150mph. And what a 900rwhp is good for xept going at insane speed on higways. If you wanna drag some, get some subframe connectors and be easy on the clutch or ur tranny won't hold. Better get a new driveshaft too.

A good, at least 12 grand (and that's with cheap parts) in parts and labor, all done in a proper tune shop.

What the hell you want a 900whp car for anyway, xept to bust everyone at the red light (and bust you car often too, cause it'll break man, yeah that's pricey to maintain too)

Peace

Old 02-05-2008, 07:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JayErnie
Ok,

Stock end at 900whp is no no. Not even at 600, unless you donT' mind spending money changing the gears often.

900whp is doable in many ways, without NOS. Myself, I'd go with a 383 setup, forged setup of course, and prolly at TT (small/big) setup, as the 383 will give you a good 500 bwhp tuned properly with a good cam, enough to launch you at a good start, the the turbos will give you the punch you want over 3000rpm. Adding ontop of the 383, TT setup, you'll need intercoolers and pipings, new fuel pump, new injectors, new cam as i'd suggest having the whole intake setup as well (CAI, below, MAF, 90mm TB, a new Intake and the whole exhaust system) in order to give that engine some breath, cause it'll need it.

On top of that, a pro Tune up.

900whp isn't just about the engine though, you have to get a new rear end as said, i'd advise some new poly bushings, lowered suspension with a decent shock/spring ratio, cause if you wanna speed on the highway, you'll want that if you don't want to go airborne at over 150mph. And what a 900rwhp is good for xept going at insane speed on higways. If you wanna drag some, get some subframe connectors and be easy on the clutch or ur tranny won't hold. Better get a new driveshaft too.

A good, at least 12 grand (and that's with cheap parts) in parts and labor, all done in a proper tune shop.

What the hell you want a 900whp car for anyway, xept to bust everyone at the red light (and bust you car often too, cause it'll break man, yeah that's pricey to maintain too)

Peace

Nice writeup, but i think it has been established that this is some jerk dick 15 year old wasting our time/bandwith,
Old 02-05-2008, 07:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

BTW, you ain't gonna do all that for 12Gs. The shortblock alone = 5-6K, heads + Cam =2K (budget), rear = 2k, clutch + driveshaft =1200. Show me a turbo setup/fuel system for under 2K that will meet his power goals and i will buy it for ya. NOTICE to anyone reading that the aforementioned setup would cost upwards of 20k.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Matt D
Build a reliable cam only car that makes 400 hp, and then shoot a 500 shot at it. I have seen it done. It lasted 1/2 of a pass.
Must of been a killer 1/8 slip atleast
Old 02-05-2008, 07:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

EDIT: 383 could be done w/ a stroker kit, but forged + rebuild is 3k and there are numerous non-mentioned components i.e. exhaust, intake ext.
Turbo ls1 = blow your doors off = empty your bank account.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:48 PM
Launching!

just go down to a reputable speed shop and lay your checkbook down then proceed to tell them your goals and that your checkbook is their checkbook.

problem solved

/thread.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by landonew
BTW, you ain't gonna do all that for 12Gs. The shortblock alone = 5-6K, heads + Cam =2K (budget), rear = 2k, clutch + driveshaft =1200. Show me a turbo setup/fuel system for under 2K that will meet his power goals and i will buy it for ya. NOTICE to anyone reading that the aforementioned setup would cost upwards of 20k.
I agree 100percent
Old 02-05-2008, 07:52 PM
Teching In

wow you guys are ********
Old 02-05-2008, 07:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

It has already been said. I just wanted to post in this epic thread.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:57 PM
9 Second Club

haha true, you really ate him up. But... biggin 89' had it right.... thats what i was gunna say. Tell them what you want and they can build it. Or just buy a nice 12 bolt. Built trans, driveshaft, Tq converter, fuel system, alot of guages, then build up the 427 lsx block (low compression) with a blower cam and good heads. Slap an F1 or an F2 on there and never have to worry about not going fast enough.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:08 PM
On The Tree

Gah, dyslexia, more like 21 grand i meant. I had checked for a 383 non boosted setup it was about 10 grand jsut that.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:41 PM
12 Second Club

how do u come up with 900whp? where did u get this number from why not round it to 1000 or something actually more optainable like 700?
Old 02-05-2008, 10:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by THEBRAD
how do u come up with 900whp? where did u get this number from why not round it to 1000 or something actually more optainable like 700?
Crack. Lots of it would be my guess.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:11 PM
Teching In

Well, assuming he's not 15 and doesn't know how to do laundry on his own....

Let's just say he is for real. He needs a tattoo of "Insecure" forcefully tattooed on his face! If for no other reason than acting like it's no big deal.

Just my .02.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

hey he did ask if its possible and hes new everyone asked stupid questions when they were new to this site. so keep the **** down this is how we lose members
Old 02-05-2008, 10:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Disturbed Bird
hey he did ask if its possible and hes new everyone asked stupid questions when they were new to this site. so keep the **** down this is how we lose members
I personally am just having a little fun with him. Can't speak for others. You have to admit to come on here and post a thread that states what he stated:

1. Tells everyone he didn't do any research.

2. He has no clue what N2O does to an engine or the mods required to safely use it.

3. He also stated he has the money to support this. If this were true he would probably have more brains than to not research what he wanted to do and then post up asking advice on what he all ready knew or thought to be fact.

4. If he did have the money and didn't research then he wouldn't be getting butthurt when people said it isn't possible (reliably) to know that he needed to clarify his questions.

This is just my take on this thread. To make 900 HP, especially with N2O, everyone knows that it takes money and a pretty stout engine with a ton of attention given to the strength of the parts used. This has been said maybe in a way that could be taken the wrong way but most here assume a certain knowledge of engines and how they work. This guy has demonstrated the he has none of this.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:56 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

EDIT: 383 could be done w/ a stroker kit, but forged + rebuild is 3k and there are numerous non-mentioned components i.e. exhaust, intake ext.
Turbo ls1 = blow your doors off = empty your bank account.
And your not even buying good parts really your bargain shopping at your prices.

Start with the block.. sleeved ls2 $3200, twin turbo kit 6000, fuel set up to hit 900 rwhp $1500. (twin intanks isnt going to do it I was told by Bob)Rotating assembly around $3500. Heads at least $2500 and your going to want good rockers and springs 1500-2000 if you go with Jesels. Cam 400. Sheetmetal intake 3000. Lifters 450, pushrods 180, misc bullshit $500 and maybe you have a long block ? Someone else finish off the list I'm at $23,200 and I have done anything with the rear or clutch yet.

You cant put bargain heads on there, you need good heads to begin with to hit 900 rwhp without having to use 4000psi
Old 02-05-2008, 11:11 PM
On The Tree

Yeah, one best bet is to buy a crated engine, by crated i mean a new one in the box, made for competition or hard uses, like a 383 or 396 or something that would sustain the required numbers and to ease the troubles of having to build one, though the advantage of building one is taht you'll put what you want in preferably. But then again crated engines comes at 10k or so. And 10k is nothing firecraker, a normal 500-550 av bhp engine.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
I personally am just having a little fun with him. Can't speak for others. You have to admit to come on here and post a thread that states what he stated:

1. Tells everyone he didn't do any research.

2. He has no clue what N2O does to an engine or the mods required to safely use it.

3. He also stated he has the money to support this. If this were true he would probably have more brains than to not research what he wanted to do and then post up asking advice on what he all ready knew or thought to be fact.

4. If he did have the money and didn't research then he wouldn't be getting butthurt when people said it isn't possible (reliably) to know that he needed to clarify his questions.

This is just my take on this thread. To make 900 HP, especially with N2O, everyone knows that it takes money and a pretty stout engine with a ton of attention given to the strength of the parts used. This has been said maybe in a way that could be taken the wrong way but most here assume a certain knowledge of engines and how they work. This guy has demonstrated the he has none of this.

this is true but it can be done in a better fashion. then what was going on.

to the original poster you need to do research and then ask questions that you may have about doing a certain build.

if you really have the money then yes its easy to get 900rwhp. but much easier with a turbo or supercharger.
go with a forged low compression LS7x with ls7x heads. buy a 240/248 115 lsa. and a f1a procharger that will get you want you want and more