Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

900 whp is it possible?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 11:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Disturbed Bird
this is true but it can be done in a better fashion. then what was going on.

to the original poster you need to do research and then ask questions that you may have about doing a certain build.

if you really have the money then yes its easy to get 900rwhp. but much easier with a turbo or supercharger.
go with a forged low compression LS7x with ls7x heads. buy a 240/248 115 lsa. and a f1a procharger that will get you want you want and more
Won't argue that it couldn't have been done better but that is a two way street.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As already stated...not gonna happen. Even if it would be close though...why would you want to? Build it right to handle good power. Have you ever had a car putting out anything even near that? I have driven 500rwhp cars and its scary!You are talking stroker motor,supercharged/twin turbo,no2,bulletproof trans and diff,one set of tires per week ect.

Not to sound like a ricer but...you dont just climb in the ring with Ali cause you think you can box!
Old 02-06-2008, 12:31 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scorpion_z28
I dont see the problem of getting some help from you guys??
Is it really that difficult to have 900whp?
I have a 457whp car (C6Z06),but the Camaro is my project car.
If you cant help me,dont give me your opinion
Lets hear more about the C6Z... why not just add a 500hp shot of NAWZ to that?
Old 02-06-2008, 02:13 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mainline -6an from a 20lb bottle(with remote opener) directly into the front of your intake.
put car on dyno.
remove stock rev limiter/delete entirely.
get the wheels going, put it in 4th floor it, HIT the remote bottle opener, and pray the dyno spikes 900 before the car burns to the ground.
Old 02-06-2008, 06:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
And your not even buying good parts really your bargain shopping at your prices.

Start with the block.. sleeved ls2 $3200, twin turbo kit 6000, fuel set up to hit 900 rwhp $1500. (twin intanks isnt going to do it I was told by Bob)Rotating assembly around $3500. Heads at least $2500 and your going to want good rockers and springs 1500-2000 if you go with Jesels. Cam 400. Sheetmetal intake 3000. Lifters 450, pushrods 180, misc bullshit $500 and maybe you have a long block ? Someone else finish off the list I'm at $23,200 and I have done anything with the rear or clutch yet.

You cant put bargain heads on there, you need good heads to begin with to hit 900 rwhp without having to use 4000psi
Completely agree. I think i bought quality parts and I spent 15K on h/c/I + driveline and suspension. I was just putting some really conservative numbers out there.
Old 02-06-2008, 06:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Disturbed Bird
hey he did ask if its possible and hes new everyone asked stupid questions when they were new to this site. so keep the **** down this is how we lose members
Yea, Most of the really mean ones were mine. But in my defense, I my 1st post was sound advice and I did not start flaming until he gave us the and then proceeded to claim he had a c6 z06. I think this site could do very well with less members like OP. Correct me if i am wrong, but the goal of this forum is for an exchange of quality information. New members who don't read the stickes, make dumb posts, and then claim to have cars that they obviously don't have, aren't really of any value are they?
I know he is new, but come on. 900 rwhp??? People like that should just leave their cars stock. If they start messing with them they will destroy the car and probably hurt themselves. We are doing him a favor. BTW, not trying to flame disturbed bird, just trying to show everyone my point of view.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:00 AM
11 Second Club

what do i need to set the engine to handle this much of power.
Apparently a lot more than you think you need.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:37 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by landonew
Completely agree. I think i bought quality parts and I spent 15K on h/c/I + driveline and suspension. I was just putting some really conservative numbers out there.
You did a good job, I compiled my list from yours. xctualy this is a fun little project. Whats the best most depandable way to achieve 900 rwhp and budget.

N2o is cheaper but unless your carrying a 40lb bottle and have a filling station at home its not very efficient. If you just want it for the dyno and passes at the track then it's the way to go. IF you want constant 900 my guess is twin turbo is the best way to do it or an s/c. I like the linear power of the s/c vs the turbo but the turbo might hit the mark easier.. not sure the FI boys will have to answer that
Old 02-06-2008, 10:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by landonew
Yea, Most of the really mean ones were mine. But in my defense, I my 1st post was sound advice and I did not start flaming until he gave us the and then proceeded to claim he had a c6 z06. I think this site could do very well with less members like OP. Correct me if i am wrong, but the goal of this forum is for an exchange of quality information. New members who don't read the stickes, make dumb posts, and then claim to have cars that they obviously don't have, aren't really of any value are they?
I know he is new, but come on. 900 rwhp??? People like that should just leave their cars stock. If they start messing with them they will destroy the car and probably hurt themselves. We are doing him a favor. BTW, not trying to flame disturbed bird, just trying to show everyone my point of view.
Dude i dont know what's your problem but i think you have issues,contact Dr.Phil sure he can help you with the aggretion problem.
Do you want me to send u pic's of my z06 or take you for a ride to prove that i have one???
LIKE I SAID BEFORE EITHER HELP OR F*** OFF,SHUT IT,& LEAVE IT TO THE EXPERTS.I DONT NEED SUCH ASSES LIKE U REPLING TO THIS THREAD.
NOW F*** OFF.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Dude i dont know what's your problem but i think you have issues,contact Dr.Phil sure he can help you with the aggretion problem.
Do you want me to send u pic's of my z06 or take you for a ride to prove that i have one???
LIKE I SAID BEFORE EITHER HELP OR F*** OFF,SHUT IT,& LEAVE IT TO THE EXPERTS.I DONT NEED SUCH ASSES LIKE U REPLING TO THIS THREAD.
NOW F*** OFF.
Ok, post the pics of the z06. Would love to see it. And put a pillow on the top of the car. (just something weird so we know he didn't just find a pic online)
Old 02-06-2008, 11:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

NOW F*** OFF.
Oh and its "agression" not aggretion. Your english teacher will back me up on that. Just ask her during recess.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:25 AM
12 Second Club

thats a pretty good idea with the pillow thing, but its the net no one spells anything right on here man
Old 02-06-2008, 11:32 AM
9 Second Club

Lets not bicker boys.....
Old 02-06-2008, 11:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

I should lock this thread so the stupid stops leaking out everywhere.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BigBronco
I should lock this thread so the stupid stops leaking out everywhere.
Yes Plz do,keep those Haunted asses locked up.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:01 PM
On The Tree

Read my writeup further up for what it will mean building and having a 900rwhp, it's a good aidea of waht it'll take.

Peace