Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Magnaflow, Summit UDP and 85mm TB *PICS*

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 12:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good! Any idle issues with the TB? Also, I thought I read somewhere that someone had to get a slightly longer throttle cable due to the spacer needed to mate the 85mm TB to an LS1/6 manifold, is this true?
Old 02-15-2008, 02:18 PM
formerly 2000blackcamaross (6-25-2013)

Originally Posted by MJE95GAGT
Looks good! Any idle issues with the TB? Also, I thought I read somewhere that someone had to get a slightly longer throttle cable due to the spacer needed to mate the 85mm TB to an LS1/6 manifold, is this true?
I hope not I just bought one for my car.
Old 02-15-2008, 03:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LS1Tech 10 Year

I'm loving the catback, how quiet is it?
Old 02-15-2008, 04:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Actually, I had to adjust it 3 times and it went perfectly straight. Now if I had it welded at a shop, it would have been crooked. The pics were right when I put it on. I will post up some showing it straight tomorrow or something. It SURE is quiet though. Night and day over the LM1.

Here is a straight pic, not my car though.
Hello, i dont mean straight that way, if you were looking down at the tips standing at the rear bumper staring at the work magnaflow on the tips,the slash is cocked to the right not making them straight like when they welded on the tips they were cocked a tad, and there is no adj to twist the tips to the left or right since they are welded, and that would drive me insane. everything look great that you purchased. good luck, i just purchased a LM2 bullet so well see how much quiter that is compared to the LM1.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:36 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by MJE95GAGT
No, all you need to do is bend the cable bracket back very gently. It takes very little and it is very flexible too. No issues at all. It idles perfect from the first start-up. Very noticable SOTP.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by ReFtheMC
I'm loving the catback, how quiet is it?
Litterally like stock. I will enjoy it when I have LT's and no cats. I dont want this one to be as loud as my last one w/ Flomaster.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by PWORLDSTANG
Nice! New mods are always fun!... And so are new cars... I didn't even know you got another one! Lol. Congrats!

Yea man. I sold the Cobra to free up some money and a MONTH later, I get a great raise. My raise pays for the car AND the insurance now. Its like it's free.

In all honesty, if I had the raise before I sold the Cobra, I would NOT have sold it. I love them both.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by 99zman
Hello, i dont mean straight that way, if you were looking down at the tips standing at the rear bumper staring at the work magnaflow on the tips,the slash is cocked to the right not making them straight like when they welded on the tips they were cocked a tad, and there is no adj to twist the tips to the left or right since they are welded, and that would drive me insane. everything look great that you purchased. good luck, i just purchased a LM2 bullet so well see how much quiter that is compared to the LM1.

BRO YOURE RIGHT! NOW ITS GONNA DRIVE ME NUTS! Here is the pic out of the box and sure as ****, the left (driver side) tip is welded crooked. You can see it in this picture! D A M N I T! Now I will have to have a shop cut and weld it on straight, Im gonna F-in lose sleep now.

Old 02-15-2008, 07:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

I watched the video of your COBRA and that was a sick ride! Black is the meanest color! Good luck with all the mods on the new car.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by EvilBLK02TA
I watched the video of your COBRA and that was a sick ride! Black is the meanest color! Good luck with all the mods on the new car.
Thanks man, its gonna take a shet load of mods to run what my Cobra is running (10.30-10.40's @133). On with the fun.

Last edited by JayplaySS; 02-15-2008 at 10:35 PM.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks man, its gonna take a shet load of mods to run what my Cobra is running (10.30-10.40's @133). On with the fun.

How's the catfish treating you so far? Is the interior AS BAD as most people *think*?
Old 02-16-2008, 10:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i like that pulley pretty good for the price
Old 02-16-2008, 01:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

BRO YOURE RIGHT! NOW ITS GONNA DRIVE ME NUTS! Here is the pic out of the box and sure as ****, the left (driver side) tip is welded crooked. You can see it in this picture! D A M N I T! Now I will have to have a shop cut and weld it on straight, Im gonna F-in lose sleep now.

sorry to point it out but this is why i stayed away, im picky with that **** and for that kind of money i have to be sastified, i like the look and sound of the magnaflow but that **** would drive me crazy, check out this post, post #4 click on the pic of the cat back and look at the tips they are cocked to the right and left also, all the ones i have seen are like this. here, https://ls1tech.com/forums/eastern-members/863066-exhaust-parts-sale.html
Old 02-16-2008, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587
How's the catfish treating you so far? Is the interior AS BAD as most people *think*?

I had a 99 SS before the Cobra BUT I honestly will say the car does feel flimsier. I have weld in SFC's and the STB and the car still rattles a bit but the Cobra was as quiet as a mouse when I installed full length SFC's. The F-body interior is good overall, I would just change the window speed and feel when it goes up and down. I really enjoy the shifter placement and seat comfort/driving position though so it's a trade off. Nothing is perfect and F-bodies AND Cobras are far from ideal.

I do miss the revability of the KB 4.6, I am used to just tapping the gas and it would redline. This thing is very slow to rev THOUGH it is pretty stock, so I will see how it is with a good PRC Heads/MS3 combo and a 150 shot.
Old 02-16-2008, 02:20 PM

sorry to point it out but this is why i stayed away, im picky with that **** and for that kind of money i have to be sastified, i like the look and sound of the magnaflow but that **** would drive me crazy, check out this post, post #4 click on the pic of the cat back and look at the tips they are cocked to the right and left also, all the ones i have seen are like this. here, https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=863066

All is good, I really lost sleep last night so early this morning (before I had to work on my buddies 2000 Z28), I got up and went to my local Midas and had them remove the pipe and bend it with an exhaust bender and now it is perfect. Magnaflow should fix the jig, really. It took 3/4 of an inch to match, thier jig should NOT be off that much.
Old 02-16-2008, 02:23 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good to hear you got the catback fixed. I had the magnaflow on my LT1 and although it is a really nice catback, the tailpipe pissed me off as well. I just dealt with it since you couldn't really tell unless you were looking down on the tips.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

All is good, I really lost sleep last night so early this morning (before I had to work on my buddies 2000 Z28), I got up and went to my local Midas and had them remove the pipe and bend it with an exhaust bender and now it is perfect. Magnaflow should fix the jig, really. It took 3/4 of an inch to match, thier jig should NOT be off that much.
Glad you got it fixed, but should you have had to.......NO i see so many companies with little **** like that, no granted most people it dosen't bother but some it does, you money isnt bent when you pay it so neither should your exhaust. Was it hard for them to do? where on the pipe did they bend it so it fit perfect? im very happy for you.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:28 PM

Glad you got it fixed, but should you have had to.......NO i see so many companies with little **** like that, no granted most people it dosen't bother but some it does, you money isnt bent when you pay it so neither should your exhaust. Was it hard for them to do? where on the pipe did they bend it so it fit perfect? im very happy for you.

Took them 20 minutes. They bent the 90 degree section that connects at the muffler. It measures the same on both sides now and it was 3/4 of an inch to the left before, ridiculous that I had to do this but its better than being pissed everytime I look at the back of the car.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:50 PM
On The Tree

No, all you need to do is bend the cable bracket back very gently. It takes very little and it is very flexible too. No issues at all. It idles perfect from the first start-up. Very noticable SOTP.
Sweet, good to hear considering I just bought the same TB.
Old 02-17-2008, 02:09 PM

Should have used an oven instead of the boiling water to heat the pully.

Would take a lot to notice the tip once it's on the car though.

Quick Reply: Magnaflow, Summit UDP and 85mm TB *PICS*