Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New guy with a Question!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 11:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just had a Magic Stick 3 installed, i had .080 clearance on the intake and .110 on the exaust.......also with the exaust i would suggest getting a flowmaster Y merger. Alot of the y pipes out there merge basically at 90 degree angle, which gives you a raspy sound and isnt as free flowing being that the gases run right into each other, with the flowmaster Y merger it is smoother flowing and improves your sound alot.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Give ARH a look. I went with them over Kooks because I believe their Y fits a little better (clearance) and the Y merge is a little smoother. When I bought mine Kooks was charging extra for the high velocity merge collector and it was standard on the ARH. Kooks has since added the HVMC as standard. I had a set of used QTP's I was gonna put on but I could shine a light in them and see a couple pinholes where the welds didn't go all the way around and sold them. There was a sponsor on here IIRC correctly selling Kooks with free ceramic coating and I would have prolly gone that route if it was available at the time cause Kooks and ARH are neck and neck IMO.

As for a cam contact Predator-Z or Patrick G on here and for the same $$ go custom.